Time: Thursday, August 7th, 1:45 pm
Meet with Major professor, go over meeting protocol
2:00 pm
Greet committee... then be excused to wait while they deliberate
2:15
What is going on? They are sure taking a while talking!
2:30
Sweat is pouring down and my heart is racing... what is taking so long?
2:38
Finally called back into the room... very nervous tension
2:40
Limited positive feedback.
2:41-3:30
Discussion of changes to minor details and methods section to insure that it passes the IRB approval. Defending my major theories and points...
3:40
Committee decides that they are sufficiently impressed with discussion. Two decide to sign my approval papers pending that I make the changes
3:45-6:00
Working on changes in the building while my major professor meets with a few clients. She agrees to stay till I finish so that I can immediately submit to the IRB. We work together the final hour.
6:15
Major professor signs the approval page. All documents are emailed into the IRB office for approval.
6:30-
I finish making the errands and emailing final copies... start for home
6:35
I kiss my husband, collapse on the couch in relief, and demand that we go for dinner... I am starving!
The best part is, now I have to wait until I get a green light. Cross your fingers that it comes in next week and that people actually respond and want to participate in my data collection!! Thanks everyone for your well wishes!
11 comments:
HOORAY!!! We are so proud of you! Way to let them have it! Keep up the good work! You're determination will get you your masters!!
We love you guys!!
:-)
Congratulations! And good luck with the next step... I love you writing all these details- it gives me an idea as to why my sister, (who is trying to get her thesis done and graduate this month) never returns my phone calls and is always so busy! Yay for all your hard work! It will pay off :)
WAY TO GO ALLI YOU ROCK. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE ME (E.P.) IN 2 YEARS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KNOW THAT WE ARE SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU
You're my hero! Way to go Alli!
Congrats on finally finishing. The funny thing is True and Janet in the IRB office know me very well! Use my name and you should get a few points! That was the office I worked in while I went to school there! Small world! =)
Congrats!!
YEAH!!!!!! Good job Alli! And good luck with the rest of it! I now you will do wonderful. Enjoy you're hopefully only one week!
Alli!!
Congrats to you!!! I hope all is wonderful. Steve and I just got a blog. Can we add you as our friend on our blog list? Take care, You deserve to CELEBRATE!!!
I didn't leave a link to our page. Excited to be blog buddies :}
Alli Meik Schaack
stevealli.blogspot.com
Way to go and Good luck! My husband has been through the same process and has just finally begun collecting data. So you might say, the best is yet to come....:)
yay! That's so awesome! And yes, definitely good luck on your next step! We're proud of you!
Post a Comment