I have been imagining how this post might go for a few days and now as I sit down to write it, I am afraid that I can in no way do it justice. We had a pretty comical few days off for Christmas with my funny family and true to fashion, there was NEVER a dull moment. So, in it's abbreviated version (though if you would like to turn this into the next ward choir special musical number, feel free to sing it in all of it's repetitive glory!)
The Twelve Days of Christmas (non rhyming... do you really think I am that good??!)
On the 12th day of Christmas, our neighbors brought to me... 12 pounds of sugary delicious treats. The boys also got to endure at least 12 hours of shoveling our snow off the driveway, deck, cars, etc... just to do it over and over again!
On the 11th day of Christmas, my mother brought to me... 11 different pillows to try and sleep with to prop up my belly, back, and the one for my head that continually felt just a little too hard... yawn!
On the 10th day of Christmas, I brought to my family... 10 new DVD's purchased at super cheap prices in the after Thanksgiving sales... This is why I get up at 4:30 am!
On the 9th day of Christmas, my sister and I attempted to play our Sleigh Ride duet nine different times never once getting the notes right at the same time as the rhythm... maybe next year we will master it (since I hear that the fifth year is a charm!)
On the 8th day of Christmas, my husband showed to me... 8 different potential houses for sale in our price range... we have been having a blast looking at different potential places in preparation for his move there in May. Crazy to think that we can finally be homeowners! Some can definitely use some work, but thanks to the recession, we can actually get a pretty affordable starter home!
On the 7th day of Christmas, my brother made fun of me... 7 different fat jokes all about my pregnant tummy!
On the 6th day of Christmas, Kyle and Nate, and Dad, tried for SIX hours to get into our Island Park Cabin because the snow was too deep and they ended up hiking through waist to chest deep snow digging out the snowmobiles over and over until they finally reached the top of the cabin, shoveled out three feet of snow there, packed a trail, and turned around to come home! I was sure glad I was at home by the fire!
On the 5th day of Christmas, mother nature brought to me... FIVE FEET OF SNOW! It snowed so much while we were there on Christmas that eventually, it got too heavy for our metal roof causing an avalanche slideoff resulting in huge drifts as tall as me and the certain death of any small creatures who happened to be in it's path!
On the 4th day of Christmas, my family brought to me... four new warm weather maternity shirts that fit my tummy! Yes! I was finally warm!
On the 3rd day of Christmas, I got to make... Three calls to search and rescue/911/Police dispatch in order to report(see below)
On the 2nd day of Christmas, my father called and told me, we had TWO LOST SNOWMOBILERS (Kyle and Nate who got separated in the middle of a blizzard in the desert while my dad sped off leaving them...upon being found, they were huddled frozen using the machines to block the wind... sad! The best part was that they were only 2 miles from my dad (who did not take his cell phone which would have made the whole ordeal much easier!), but were waiting by a power truck that had slid off the road because they knew it would be a good landmark to be found!)
On the first day of Christmas, my family brought to us, a wonderful vacation full of spoiling, love, games, fun, delicious meals, free laundry, and a great time. We love you all!
Unfortunately, I only took pictures of our snow, but you can get an idea from these photos of the first major storm. In the deck photo, my dad and brother, Nate, are standing on our step down deck, so you can try to see that the pile is really over 5 feet tall!
The snow was up to the top of Kyle's boots!
We hope that you all had a Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
Wow! That sounds eventful, but so much fun! I have always wanted to spend Christmas in a cabin the mountains...it sounds pituresque. But maybe not if there are at least 10 feet of snow! I'm glad you had such an awesome time.
You Webber's sure do live it up when you get a chance don't you??
I'll bet you all had a good time all of you there tegether in the snow. Happy new year to yall with loads of love.
I love your 12 days method- very fun and creative. Sounds like you got a crazy amount of snow. Glad to hear everyone was found and is safe. Happy late Christmas and New Years to you!
Sounds like you had all sorts of fun! Don't you love the snow! I know that I did!!!! Have a happy New Year!
Very good and creative! Merry Christmas you guys!
Alli,
I have the settings for my blog if you want. Call me on Mike's phone 251-6765 (my phone is drying out-- I washed it- again) and i'll give them to you. I used minima template and the outerwrapper setting is at 800px. If that doesn't help let me know!
Post a Comment