Kyle and I took a few fun rides around our mountain on the 4 wheeler and on Kyle's dirt bike.
We took a little trip into West Yellowstone (the gate city) for window shopping and dining. Grant was ok through our dinner, but then decided to have an absolute meltdown. We tried to calm him, but in the end, Kyle and I skipped attending the live music in the park with the rest of the gang and tried to get Grant home as quickly as possible. I then proceeded to have a meltdown in the car as the stress of having to keep Grant so protected, away from people, and calm finally got to me. I think after nearly 6 months and very little sleep, I was due for a cry fest. Luckily, he was a repentant baby the next morning, so we decided to forgive him (though there are definitely times that I wish we could just take a normal family outing and let Grant cry it out when he is being a stinker!). The pictures below are from the diner where we staked out the last table in the back and stuck Grant far in the corner.

On both weekends, there was plenty of work to be done. Kyle and my dad worked on some painting and caulking. Then the following weekend, Matt and Chelsea were a big help with getting our wood pile ready for winter.
Despite the full time job it is to pack Grant's equipment for just a few day outing, we have really enjoyed getting away for a little while. We hope to have a few more fun weekends together before it gets cold around here.
4 comments:
I think Behr should pay you for that picture of Kyle using their stain. Products used in everyday life probably sell better than real advertising. I would call them. ;)
Looks like you have had a few fun weekends! I love going to the cabin, especially now, when its not so hot! Mike liked the picture of Kyle on his motorcycle- and would love to go with him sometime! Good luck!
Sounds like you had a good time in spite of the little guy. He has to show you who is boss you know. Love these blogs keep them coming. LOL Grandma
I'm so excited to see more pictures! And I'm sure nobody blames you for feeling overwhelmed and stressed. I'm glad you finally got to have a good cry. You do a lot - just keep hanging in there. Love you!
Post a Comment