Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Saturdays

We have been busy the last few weekends. Two weeks ago, we were in Salt Lake City for Kyle's cousin's wedding. Thomas and Maritza chose a perfect day to get married. I did not take many photos of people, mostly the scenery at Temple Square as Grant and I wandered around avoiding crowds while Kyle attended their sealing.

I must have taken 20 of these types of shots... fall leaves with the temple in the background. One day when we can afford Photoshop, I want to make this type of photo look antiqued like the framed temples pictures they well at Deseret Book.


We made another interesting discovery this week. Don't ask me how we have missed it for the last 7 months! Last week, Grant's Occupation Therapist, Melissa, asked me who had dimples in our family. I was confused since neither of us have pronounced dimples. She laughed and told me that Grant's dimples melted her heart. I smiled kindly and pretended to not think she was crazy. But then I started to look.... Can you spot it???

Who knew! I am blaming it on tape always covering his cute cheeks, but now it is very apparent when Grant gives a deep smile.... One really cute dimple! We need to get some pictures from that angle while he is laughing to show it off even more!

This last Saturday was a busy day at home. I was asked to give a professional presentation in our ward's Relief Society Saturday activity and had spent all week preparing. Kyle was good to hang out with Grant all morning and half of the afternoon while I finished preparing and then presented. Then, I had to prepare my Relief Society lesson since I was also teaching the following Sunday. How do you get all of it done and still get to enjoy a beautiful day? Grandparents!


They rescued us yet again! Kyle came over to help my dad with the wood splitting project (this machine is amazing!) and my mom kept Grant entertained in the stroller while I prepared my second lesson. She even gave me the idea that got me started and then fed us dinner too!It was so nice to enjoy these two weekends of beautiful weather! I am loving the weather in the high 50's, low 60's since we can still enjoy being outside!

6 comments:

Delli said...

Yay for parents - they help all of us out so much! And - Grant's dimple is sure adorable! I hadn't noticed either - but it is rather pronounced. How cute!!!

Unknown said...

I use photoshop and could edit the picture for you or . . . you could use something called GIMP. I have never used it since I have photoshop but I have heard it is AMAZINGLY close to photoshop.

The Hickman Family said...

He does have a cute dimple! Enjoy being outside because before you know it everything will be covered in snow! Glad you guys are doing well.

Laura Neill said...

I always love your photos- so cute! I noticed that cute dimple a while ago, I guess I should have said something?!

Check out Photoshop Elements... It costs around $90, but there is often a rebate for part of that from many online stores. I bought my most up-to-date version from Amazon with a $20 rebate, so I actually got it for $70! It does EVERYTHING you will ever need photoshop to do, without being a professional photographer or graphic designer... and it's only a few hundred dollars cheaper!

...Laura... said...

p.s... that last comment was me- wrong profile!

The Larchars said...

It always amazes me how many weddings you guys go to! You must know a gazillion people. :-)

Grant's dimple is super cute. Grace has just one too, and it makes me giddy. Aren't we parents funny?

Let me know if you guys are down south again, we'd love to have you over. Sure miss you guys!!!