Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Halloween this year was so much fun! Grant's speech therapist has been working with him this month on "T" sounds so that when the big day came, he would be able to vocalize trick or treat (turns out not everyone understands sign language!). He knew that he would get to dress up and people would give him candy, so he was sold on the idea. His version sounds like a very tiny little "tick teet"...so cute!

We had a full weekend of festivities. Halloween was on a Monday, but on Friday, the local radio stations hosted a community trick or treat street activity and we joined with our friends to go check it out. Grant is in love with the four kids from this family (their youngest is a few months older than him) and they are so good to us! Our little cow learned that if he shook his bum, his tail would wiggle. So funny.

This is Grant's cheesy face when he realizes that camera is out. 
Our little friends taught Grant how to play tag while we waited. Turns out we had a LONG time to wait... it took us almost 2 hours just to get to the start of the businesses passing out candy! I would have abandoned ship long before that, but the kids were in good spirits and it was a good day to let Grant just play.
I hope these two are best friends when they grow up.
We waited in line long enough that Daddy got off work and came over to join us! By that point, it was starting to get pretty chilly and the kids were bored, but we were so close we had to finish what we started!

Sweet little Amy wanted to push the stroller. Grant has a huge crush on her. He has always been a fan of the 5-6 year old crowd!
We finally made it through and got candy for the kids efforts. Grant ate probably 20 tootsie rolls while we were there and it made for a very hyper little guy that night. I learned my lesson and have dosed out the candy now so he only gets a few pieces a day. At this rate, it will last till Spring!
Kyle and I carved the pumpkins this year. Grant joined us to play with the seeds a little bit, but he only wanted to stir them in a bowl and wanted nothing to do with touching them. I thought our Angry Birds turned out pretty well!!

When the actual day finally rolled around, my brother and his family had come to town and so Russell and Grant got to trick or treat together. They were so cute! Our first house was my parent's next door neighbors and neighbor Norm (as we have called him since we first moved here!) was a stinker and scared them with  his scary teeth, and sword. Russell was terrified and we had to do a lot of coaching to get him to go to the next door. Grant did ok and was excited to ring each doorbell. So fun.
Holidays really are a lot more fun when you can see it through a child's eyes.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

What a darling little cow. And holy cow Alli, I did not realize you were such a talented photographer! Very impressive! Those engagement shots of Kyle's sister and her fiance are just beautiful!

Cherie said...

haha! I LOVE the cow!! That looks like so much fun. Your angry birds pumpkins turned out awesome! Oh how I wish I had a talent for that. So glad you guys had a great halloween! :)

The Larchars said...

Oh my gosh Alli, he is SOOOO cute! And I love love love those angry bird pumpkins!

Michelle said...

What a cute little cow he makes! I'm glad you had a good Halloween!

Nate said...

What? No pictures of you and Kyle dressed up? Grant and Russell look cute!

Melissa and Matt said...

So cute! Your little cow is adorable!