Grant loved our tree this year. He calls anything with Christmas lights on it "pitties" (his version of pretties!). We frequently found him dragging his little chair right next to the tree for closer observation of the ornaments. Our real tree was beautiful but very prickly this year. It worked great to defer him from tearing off ornaments!
He always wants to be my kitchen helper and since December marked the beginning of starting to feel human again with this pregnancy, we actually got back into the habit of cooking together!
Here we were making oven baked tin foil dinners and Grant's idea of doing it was building towers out of the potato slices!
Winter has been cold, but mostly void of snowfall this year, so I have been actively looking for activities to keep Grant's afternoons busy and productive. I finally pulled out the finger paints I have been holding onto for a cold day and we had a blast!
I foresee many more afternoons filled with art projects in our future!
Kyle's sister got married the week before Christmas and with that and still feeling pregnancy blah... I was getting behind on everything Holiday related that we had planned on doing. I had this perfect vision of dancing to Christmas music while decorating sugar cookies with Grant and Kyle coming home to a perfectly prepared dinner and beautiful cookies... yeah right! Decorating with a two year old definitely looked better in my head. Grant was good with the eating part ...
But he did not appreciate being told that not all of the cookies were for him to eat.
Stirring the frosting was ok, and I helped to put it on most of the cookies...
While my little helper helped me crush candy canes for decorating. He did great for the first two cookies (notice that I took pictures early on in the process!)
However, after two cookies, Grant wanted his hands washed because he hates to have dirty hands and he did not like the sticky candy canes. I would wipe his hands down and then he was too impatient to let them dry before reaching into the candy pile again. The tears were flowing and he was ticked because he wanted to keep decorating, but he hated the sticky mess. I gave up on my perfect vision, fed him another cookie, and finished off the batch myself. There's always next year right?!
1 comment:
Haha, that sounds like my first attempt decorating sugar cookies with Matthew! Matthew is the same way with dirty hands, he can't stand them. And the finger painting looks fun! Matthew would love it, I really need to do more art projects with him.
Post a Comment