Monday, March 12, 2012

Basement Progress

I think that the last basement progress post that I did was a year ago (see it HERE) . As you can see, we have made a lot more progress since that time! We painted during the summer of 2011 and have a really bright and cheery two tone paint in the whole basement. Kyle enlisted help from my parents and Spencer over Christmas break to tile the wet bar, bathroom floor, and shower and then they finished up the grout over President's Day weekend. Last weekend, we had our cabinets installed for this awesome wet bar/project desk space (CRAFTS?!?!) and we are just waiting on the counter tops to be installed and then we will add in the sinks (there is a corner sink here in the wet bar) and toilet. We are holding off on carpet installation since we have carpet from a neighbor's basement remodel that it working perfectly for now. In any case, it is now fully functional for two guest bedrooms, a huge family room (that will be an awesome movie/man cave when we can afford the TV to put into the awesome entertainment center that Kyle refinished), storage room, playroom, and linen closets. By the end of the week, we will have a full guest suite! Kyle has finished this project with minimal help from friends and family and I am so impressed with his diligence! I have grumbled a lot that the basement has eaten all our weekends and money for the last few years, but it feels so nice to see it looking great and being fully functional! This is the view looking the other way... it is currently full of boxes, Grant's trampoline, and our outside play toys (which has made this winter totally bearable!). It will get cleaned out and be more ready for awesome movie nights in the near future.

Kyle's tile job in the bathroom shower/floor.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

WOW!! That looks fantastic! Kyle did a really nice job. The tile and cabinets are beautiful! And love the trampoline thing--where did you get that? Maybe I ought to invest. Also, if you're interested in the Papa john's pizza dough, all Jared did was google "Papa John's pizza dough." Isn't the internet a beautiful thing? :)

Cherie said...

Oh WOW!!! That looks awesome!!! Great job to Kyle and all of you guys, because that really looks amazing. I kinda want to move in with you. :) I really need one of those trampolines to. I bet Grant loves it! Hope you're feeling well and give Grant a hug for me! :)

Us Bailey's said...

That looks beautiful! Great job!

The Larchars said...

Ok, LOVE the tile work in the bathroom! He did a FANTASTIC job!!! And I've never seen a tramp like that, very cool! Good work you guys!

Melissa and Matt said...

That is beautiful! Your husband did a great job! What a great feeling to be nearly finished with such a big project!

Michelle said...

Wow, it looks great!

And a belated Happy Birthday to Grant!!