Monday, June 18, 2012

One Month Old

Sweet little Miles is one month old today. My how time flies. Some days I forget that I have a baby (like today when I got Grant situated playing with Grandma Jer and Aunt Kellie and ran out the door to the dentist, only to realize that the baby would probably be getting hungry before I got back. Who forgets their kid??!! Sorry buddy!)
He is growing and changing quickly, but thanks to his very long jaundice ordeal, he is still very small. He has been slower to gain weight (only getting back to birth weight around the 3 week mark), so that has been nice to extend the amount of time we have with that precious tiny newborn phase.
We debate every day if he looks like Grant or like one of us more dominantly... The jury is still out. Grant was always covered in tubes at this age and very swollen from IV fluids, so time will tell if we have another mini Kyle in our house.
Miles is nursing like a champ and I expect that his weight gain will jump in the next few weeks. He has a very strong and loud cry and he so far uses it mainly to get someone to pay attention to him, though he has been fairly cranky in the evenings. He wakes about every 3 hours at night, so if we time his last feeding well, the night times are getting a little better.

We took these photos yesterday on Father's Day since I realized that I didn't have a single picture yet of Kyle and Miles. It just goes to show how busy Kyle has been with work, school, and church callings in the last month. He is rarely around during the daylight and when he is, he stops everything to play with Grant! I am so grateful for a husband who knows how to drop everything and play with his kids.

Miles is getting stronger every day and gaining more head and neck control. He loves his binky and I am hoping that we get another binky kid (so convenient!) .





We get these sweet little smiles more frequently now and I can't wait till he starts smiling for social reasons and not just the sleepy smiles. He cooed at me for the first time over the weekend and it melted my heart.
Happy one month little one. We are so glad you came to be a part of our family!

5 comments:

Delli said...

Wow - a month already! He sure is a sweet and beautiful little boy. Glad things are going well! :)

Crystal said...

Alli - you are such a beautiful mother! I love these pictures! So precious! i love keeping up with Grant's story and seeing him grow and develop! He is one special little boy! :) Glad you guys are doing so well!

Melissa said...

What cute pictures! He is so handsome. I'm glad to hear that he's better from his jaundice.

Michelle said...

Miles is adorable, Alli! And I love the pictures of you with him--so sweet and Madonna and Child-esque. :)

Chelsi said...

Sweet, sweet pics! What a cutie! So happy for you!