I have decided that I don't do Christmas Morning pictures very well. I am tired and just want to enjoy my kids reactions in the moment instead of trying to document it in the perfect picture moment. I started sewing these matching Batman pj's for my kids to wear this year and in true Alli fashion, had my mom finish them for me. I really stink at finishing sewing project, but they looked great! Thanks mom! The kids were excited to see what Santa had brought them and mom and dad threw a few fun toys in for good measure too.
I need to remember every year that less is more. Grant would open one present and only want to play with that one thing, forget about all the other packages under the tree! Miles was the same way. We ended up opening a few presents that morning and then pausing for breakfast and more playing. We went to my parents for a brunch and opened gifts there before bringing our kids home to nap. We finished off our present opening that night while facetiming with Kyle's family. It was a great day.
Grant who is obsessed with all things lego/duplo was thrilled with the new things he got this year.
Nate: as usual, you made mom cry as she looked through her 2013 grandkid book. Way to go. :)
I am missing the pictures from our Christmas with Kyle's family. We went to Utah the weekend before Christmas for Grant's cardiology check up. All our pictures were on Kyle's phone, so I will have to get him to download them for the blog. On New Year's Eve, we stayed up "late" for the kids and had a rousing game of Twister. Grant is hysterical when playing Twister and likes to fall down and say "oh no. I fell down. I am out " over and over. He thinks it is better if you can fall over quickly. We love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment