Sunday, January 11, 2015

Meeting the Brothers- November 29th, 2014

As I mentioned in my last post, Grant and Miles came to the hospital to meet Tessa the next morning after I had a chance to rest up and recover a little myself. I was able to shower on my own that morning (in the past, I was still shaky the next day and needed Kyle's help) and did my best to look presentable so that Grant and Miles were not worried about mom. We knew that Miles especially was excited to hold HIS baby after spending the previous few weeks snuggling Kellie's twins who are exactly six weeks older than Tessa. As soon as she finished her bath and we brought her back into the room, Grant jumped on the bed anxious to hold the sister he had prayed would come to us for so long. It was love at first sight. They sat there and looked at her and held her and just truly enjoyed the moment.




Next up, my mom wanted her turn. She had enjoyed a lot of newborn snuggles after helping at Kellie's house daily for the previous six weeks, but this was the first grand daughter to live close by.


My dad was up next and he thoroughly enjoyed snuggling her. He tried to convince us that her nickname from him needed to be something sturdy and he decided on Daisy, though I have yet to hear him call her that. Tessa just works so much better.
We got our first family photo which then due to the proximity to the holidays ended up being mailed out on my parent's Christmas card as well as bring printed as the family photo in Nate's annual grandkid photo book. Nothing like showing the world an awesome hospital gown photo!
Because we wanted our boys to have as minimal disruption to their schedules as possible, Kyle spent most of his time with them when I was at the hospital. He came back in the evening on Saturday to eat the hospital's congratulations dinner with me and got some more daddy daughter time. Then, he was back the next morning to spend some time and bring us home. He took most of the following photos on Sunday morning.









I love her full round belly and the rolls on her chunky baby thighs.

No comments: