Sunday, October 7, 2007

Conference Weekend... Cabin Style


This weekend, Kyle and I met up with my parent's and sister, Kellie, and headed off to our cabin in Island Park to watch General Conference and enjoy the time together. However, the weather was not quite the beautiful warm autumn that we expected and we had snow despite the beautiful colors. I had to snap a few photos!



No cabin trip is complete without a visit to Big Jud's! This is a little diner about an hour away that serves hamburgers the size of dinner plates! We split them of course! Don't worry...my dad is demonstrating his favorite party trick, since he only has 3/4 of a finger anyway! You might be a red neck if..... :-)
This is the snow levels off our porch on Saturday morning. It was still snowing hard!

We measured it to be over 6 inches deep! It is OCTOBER 6 people!

Us Webber women love to craft and we enjoy taking fun projects to the cabin where we actually have time to kick back and finish them! Kyle was so interested in what I was doing that he had to help out with my clock! Unheard of for my dad's taste!

On Saturday between conference sessions, we went into Yellowstone park for Kyle's first visit to have an icy picnic and hear the elk bugle. We were rewarded by having many herds easily accessible from the roads. My dad is an avid hunter and loves to bugle the elk in just to have them bugling back. It is an absolute wonder to hear an elk bugle in the mountains and to witness the beauties of creation! What a wonderful weekend with spiritual upliftment (which is probably not a word!), fun family time, and great food! Thanks mom and dad!

9 comments:

Abby said...

Looks like you guys had fun! what a weather contrast - you had snow, we're having 80-90 degree heat! Right now, I'd take the snow. :)

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! Those clocks are beautiful! I still remember what fun it was to have Thanksgiving with your family, tell them hi from me! I can't believe you're having snow and we're still in the 90s!

Kristi said...

What gives? How come Kristi hasn't taken me to get that gargantuine piece of cow?

Kellie and Spencer said...

Fun times at the cabin!!

Devony said...

We heard about all the snow! Looks like fun though! I can't believe Kyle had never been to Yellowstone after all of our trips there! Alli, you must teach him all about isolated hip movements at 3 AM! Also, I want to know how to do the clocks since they are gorgeous!

Devony said...

Also good job Kyle for getting involved and breaking the mold! We did that too!

Devony said...

Also good job Kyle for getting involved and breaking the mold! We did that too!

Beattie Family said...

Hey Alli! Congratulations on your wedding...Hi Kyle, I'm Abby, one of the BYU-I groupies... where are you guys at now? I'm glad to see you're doing well. If you want to you can jump over to our family blog abbyandbrentbeattie.blogspot.com

Us Bailey's said...

The snow is crazy!!!! I love it! What fun clocks -- I want to know how to make them. I have been on a craft kick lately and am getting ready for christmas!!! Good luck and keep praying for more snow!