Thanks Abby D. for tagging me AGAIN!! She must know that I need to take blogging breaks from thesis writing. Here we go! You all get to learn all about my darling husband!
1. What is your husband's name? Hot Hockey Boy....and then I later learned that it was actually Kyle Richard Hicken. I still prefer his initial nickname!
2. How long have you been together? Married 3 months, together since last March
3. How long did you date? hhmmm....I stalked Kyle for 6 months before we actually "dated" but I would say for the "real" time, it was probably about 6 months (still too fast!!!)
4. How old is he? 23...for a few more months....."Here's to me...Mrs. Robinson!!" :-)
5. Who eats more? Definitely Kyle. What can I say? My food sure beats the Ramen he was living off of.
6. Who said I love you first? Kyle....a little too soon for me. He said it at Easter at my parents, I finally returned it when I knew I was going to be marrying him....ironically in line for a roller coaster at Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH!
7. Who is taller? Kyle by about 4 inches....perfect for me to fit in the "nook"
8. Who sings better? Define Better...kyle is tone deaf, but he can blast one out with the radio like the best of them. I would probably feel fair to say that it would only be me performing in a public karaoke night.
9. Who is smarter? That is the great thing about marriage!! He is smart where I am weak and vice versa...let's be honest, could a therapist and an accountant really share the same talents? NO! That is where I am so helpful in his writing and talking areas and He deals with our finances!
10. Whose temper is worse? We could argue on that one (hee hee! I crack me up!). Both of us have the potential to fire up, but we have also both been working diligently on this for years, so I would say we have both mellowed considerably.
11. Who does the laundry? Typically me. Kyle always seems to get bleach on his nice clothes and so he protests washing, but he is really good at folding and putting away (my personal least favorite chore).
12. Who does the dishes? It is a trade off. We are usually both working on them since we have no dishwasher.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Kyle right now, but that will change eventually....I mean, it has only been three months!
14. Who pays the bills? Kyle organizes it, Alli pays it.
15. Who mows the lawn? Sadly, like Jake and Abby, we have no lawn **sigh**. One day, we will and we will probably both do it cause we share a love of yard work!
16. Who cooks dinner? Alli. hands down. But Kyle is great on nights that I am working late to prepare something small.
17. Who drives when you are together? usually Kyle, but he drives pretty fast at times and makes me car sick, so if I am paranoid, I do... and if we are driving at night, I do cause he always falls asleep.
18. Who is more stubborn? I think I am....ok, I know I am!
19. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He is so good at that, but I would like to think that I can admit it too.
20. Whose parents do you see the most? Pretty equally right now, odd since his parents live in Arizona, but we have been lucky to have occasions for them to visit.
21. Who proposed? Kyle
22. Who is more sensitive? Alli.
23. Who has more friends? hhhmm... Kyle's friends are all over, so I think if we were looking strictly at numbers, I would win, but that is pretty subjective. I am just more of the extrovert, but he holds the record for all the friends he has had since birth!
24. Who has more siblings? We are equal! Both have two older boys and then two younger girls.
25. Who wears the pants in the family? Since i have to wear skirts to work, Kyle does! ;-)
26. Where did you meet? We met country dancing, but I first drooled over Kyle at a hockey game...It just took another six months for fate to cross our paths for good!
27. What was the first thing you said to your husband? "I have seen you somewhere before...You volunteer at the hockey games don't you. I have seen you there and never got the guts to talk to you, so thanks for asking me to dance!" ... or something like that. It was by far the most forward I had ever acted towards a boy in my life, but it worked!
28. Where was your first date? I would say playing fugitive with some friends and then talking all night,but he would say it was a Kalai concert.
29. Where was your first kiss? The one we told people?? At a cosmic golf course. The actual one... at my apartment sitting on the couch!
30. Where did you get engaged? The unofficial....when Kyle called me from Cleveland and told me he was packing up to move back to Utah and that we should probably get married before the semester began again so we could get housing. SHOCK TO ME!! The official.... on top of a mountain after off roading at sunset (where incidentally, my ribs got cracked on the drive!)..pretty expected at that point since we had a temple, photographer, location, decorater, etc. already booked for five weeks later!...We just had to wait for the ring!
31. Where were you married? The Idaho Falls Temple
32. Where was the honeymoon? Park City, UT
33. If you could have changed anything about it what would it have been? Maybe not getting food poisoning...yeah, that was definitely icky!
ok, so now I am supposed to tag others. I am truly convinced that this whole Blogger obsession with tagging is directly related to seeing if people actually read your blog!! HHMMM.....I could just wait and see if anyone comments on this section to know if they read it!....Then again, I believe in the principle of agency, so I tag EVERYONE who reads this! I know that sometimes people struggle to know what to blog about (Abby B. here is an idea for you if you choose to accept the challenge!) so here you go! TAG!
4 comments:
I read your blog, Alli. Unfortunately, you can't do touchbacks with the same "tag" topic. :)
Alli, I read your blog daily but I have yet to respond to anyone tagging me. Not on purpose it just hasn't happened. But I equate it to me not returning phone calls, I will try to be better!
Thanks Alli, I have accepted and completed the challenge! Happy Thanksgiving!
I just want to let you know that I read your blog... I just haven't updated mine since you tagged me! Unless you meant another Michelle... maybe you did, and then I won't worry about it! :)
Post a Comment