Thursday, November 1, 2007

Print Competition

All right, I know....enough with the wedding photos stuff already right? Well, not just yet! Since we do not have kids to take pics of in their adorable Halloween costumes (but we have LOVED seeing all of yours!) we had to post what we have been up to. On Monday night, we took a trip to Salt Lake for family night to support our favorite photographer, Robin Spencer, in the Intermountain Print Photography competition. The best part was....She entered US! :-)
Let me tell you how weird it is to be standing by a picture of yourselves and having people next to you ooh and aah over it...without being recognized! TOO FUN! The best part is that this print won a "Print of Distinction" award (a really high honor) and helped her to gain total points. The competition was not finished when we left, so I don't know how it turned out all around, but it was super flattering to see ourselves blown up and commented on by spectators!

For Halloween, we both spent the day at work (where I had wanted to dress like Sigmund Freud or at the very least, Oprah....darn dress code!) and then we spent the evening cheering on the Aggies in the first basket ball game of the year! I LOVE Aggie Basket Ball!

Other exciting news, my darling sister has been trained well. She encountered a fantastic sale at Down East Outfitters and walked away with 39 multi colored undershirts for $5. I am not kidding. It worked out to be 7.2 cents per shirt. The bargain shopper in me was busting with joy....especially because I benefited! She shared the wealth! YAY for new undershirts!! :-)

6 comments:

Devony said...

Ooh! So fun! Also congrats on the great deal! That's so awesome!

Kristi said...

What can I say my best friend is beautiful!!!

Us Bailey's said...

I want a fun sister that shares clothes (oh wait I have on I will be able to share with soon!!) That sounds like a great bargain! And, what beautiful pictures!!! Congratulations on having your picture up!!! That's awesome!

Kellie and Spencer said...

Alli, I love how you blog about my bargains...I really should start my own blog to share all of my exciting news! ;)

Allison said...

Kellie,

I would agree that you should start a blog! In fact, you could blog about today's incident! The fact that though in two separate locations, we choose to wear the EXACT same outfit...down to the bargain undershirt!....Very exciting.

See...that deal was extremely blog worthy!!

Nate said...

Two ?'s

1. Why didn't I get the credit for suggesting a Siggy or Oprah costume?

B. Why do you spend time churning out pointless blogosphere drivel when you have a thesis to write?

;-)

Lova ya, babe!