Monday, March 31, 2008

Faking Spring

As you can see in the post below, Logan has not caught the message that it is Spring time! gggrrrrr. I am feeling a little cramped in our tiny apartment (although we have had so many people tell us that these will be the best memories we will ever have as newlyweds... grumble grumble... I think hindsight must add a certain amount of idealism to the memories!!!) and so we decided to try and force Spring like activities (If you haven't caught that from our visit to the hot springs and other shenanigans!) On Sunday, I was happily talking to my brother on the phone when I looked out the window.... and what did I see? Certainly not popcorn, but a Deer!! Look closely in the pictures (click on it to zoom in) and you will see two deer that wandered through our neighbors grass into an abandoned lot.. in the middle of the city! We went on a safari trying to get some good photos, but we were too clumsy.

Then, despite a wet falling snow, we decided to take our Easter eggs (which we were afraid were going to start smelling) and roll/throw them down Old Main Hill (as is tradition on this campus) with some friends. It was a fun activity and made me feel like it was a little closer to Spring. :-)


Jared's egg rolled the farthest, Kyle lost a good old fashioned egg toss with me when the egg busted all over his hand, and we all had a great time!


We also got an amazing picture of Hope as the sunlight attempted to break through the cloudy day. If this blog has felt like a bit of a travelogue, I apologize. Many of my friends with kids spend their blogs documenting what the kids are up to, but we will choose to spend our posts showing our posterity that we managed to have a ton of fun as newlyweds and that we refuse to get boring! Ever!

2 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

I'm sure you will make your future kiddies proud with all your fun shenanigans (I don't think I have ever seen that word spelled until you wrote it in your most recent post. Thank you for enlightening me.)
And while you are making your kids proud, I am getting a kick out of your shenanigans as well.

Devony said...

I think it's great to not just post about your kids! I'm working on that myself! Love your posts!