Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally. . . a post from Kyle.

As all frequent visitors to our blog know, my wife Allison has dominated the blog thus far. I finally had her log me in so I can post something. I have had no desire to mess with the blog mostly because Allison usually keeps it updated before I do anything about it and by then she has said it all. However, I finally am posting a blog because I am pretty sure Allison wouldn't post this one. After much twisting of arms and convincing Allison that I wanted a Ruger 10/22, she finally said yes. Of course she put a very strict stipulation on it. Most used 10/22's go for $150, I found a new one for $165 that someone had purchased but his wife wanted gone. I thought it was a great deal but Allison convinced me not to do it. After some time passed we took a trip to Grand Junction to visit Allison's grandparents and Spunk took me to visit all the pawn shops to find a Ruger 10/22. This time Allison finally said I could buy one. . . if, and only if it was $130 or cheaper. I thought, "how the heck am I going to get one that cheap." With no avail we came back to Logan empty handed. By this time I had almost given up on getting the Ruger. Then one night as Allison and I were headed to bed and she told me to call her dad. "What?" I asked, "why do I need to call your dad. Is he upset with me? Does he think I am not treating his daughter right?" I wouldn't call her dad until she told me why so she spilled her guts. "He found a gun for you for $125. You better call him and thank him." I was in shock! The Ruger 10/22 is 15 years old but shoots pretty well. So while we were in Idaho Falls we took a trip to the west desert and adjusted the scope so that it is accurate. The group of shots can be covered by a thumb. That should tell you how consistent this gun is. It was a steal!! I love shooting that gun. I have added a few pictures so the husbands of all the my wife's friends can appreciate a post by us!

3 comments:

Nate said...

About time you stood up for yourself, Kyle! Be a man, buy a gun! ;-)

Cherie said...

Kyle and Alli-- Kyle you don't know me, but Alli I hope you remember Jared and I :) I found your blog on Todd's and it is so fun to see updates on your life! I'm so happy for you :) Where do you guys live now?? I see that you guys have some ties to Colorado. Jared and I are actually moving there in 3 weeks. We're going to be moving to Castle Rock as Jared has business both in Denver and Colorado Springs. Any helpful advice?? Well, Kyle, I'm very excited for you that you got a gun...I know Jared would love one but we have yet to get one. I hope you guys are doing so great and I'd love to hear more about your exciting lives!! **Cherie Musick**

LittleFamilyJL said...

That is quite a gun! But really, I don't know anything about guns.
Congratulations, Kyle, nonetheless!