Perhaps one of the greatest days of my life... because it was the day I finally said "yes" to the man of my dreams! Kyle and I were married one year ago and celebrated our first anniversary. At the risk of being the obnoxious Mormon Wife blogger that is made fun of so well in the comic blog "seriously so blessed", here is a little shout out to my Eternal Companion!
I was for all intents and purposes "engaged" two different times prior to sealing the deal with Kyle. I can see why he was a little nervous that I might not go through with it! What made Kyle different? Here is a short list of why I love this guy!
1)Patience! if you have met Kyle's dad, you know that it takes a whole lot to ruffle any feathers! I am so glad that Kyle has worked to develop this attribute... how else would he survive the roller coaster of emotions that I put him through!
2)Action! Kyle and I are always out DOING something. I love that he will help me work hard and play when we are done. One of the things that impressed me at the outset with Kyle was that he was not afraid to get dirty. I took him home to meet the parents and right after being through the doorway, he was given a chainsaw and asked to go cut down a tree. And he stuck around!!
3)Love! This guy will tell me I am beautiful even when I feel chubby or have morning breath or am still in PJ's working on my thesis. His love is expressed in acceptance and is truly unconditional!
4)Tolerance! Our first "me breaking down for no real reason" came after he had told me to turn down my "circus music" (I was listening to the soundtrack of Wicked at the time... can you believe it?!?!). I bawled for an hour and told him that if he could not accept my love of musicals, we were probably not meant to be together! He was calm and able to talk me through my emotional meltdown and has since worked hard to appreciate my love of musical theater.... he even suggested that we see several musicals together this summer!
I could go on and on, but I will stop for now so as to not bore my readers! Here are a few pictures of our day, one year ago!
Happy Anniversary Love! (We spent the long weekend in Idaho reminiscing about our sealing and then stayed in one of the awesome places we stayed on our Honeymoon... I love anniversaries already! Kyle was a sweetheart and gave me a beautiful pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings. I on the other hand had a super secret gift up my sleeve that has not yet materialized... perhaps in time for Christmas!)
11 comments:
Congrats Alli!!! You both make a wonderful couple. It makes me so Happy to see my friends finally find the love of there lives!!! Love ya lots
Congrats on making it to the one year mark! :-) A super secret gift, huh? Very intriguing.....
Congratulations! I can't believe its already been a year!!! I still love your pictures! They turned out gorgous!
How exciting! It goes by so fast, doesn't it?
I'll be suprised if you remember who I am, well mostly kidding. I came across your blog on Devony's, it is great to catch up on what is happening with you. Congrats on one year, isn't married life the best!!!
Awesome wedding pictures! and Congrats on one year down. Sound like you got a real winner.
Happy Anniversary! I hope it was the best year ever! Out first year was awesome, we wondered why everyone said it was the hardest... :) I hope yours was like that, and that every year just keeps getting better!
I was going to ask about this super secret gift and see how it was going. :) Congratulations guys! You are the best!
I loved reading this post...Happy Anniversary :) You guys are too cute!
Yay! One year already? Crazy! I love the last picture of him holding your wedding ring!
happy amniversary! We're so happy for you guys and I love your photos! What a good guy. Circus music. That's hysterical!
Post a Comment