Friday, February 19, 2010

Amateur Photographer

I have a new love. Since before Kyle and I were married, he has loved photography. Kyle took some classes at Salt Lake Community College years ago and he is really great at it! After Grant had coded the second of third time at Primary Children's we decided that we needed to have a better camera to preserve our memories since that might be all that we had of our firstborn son. Luckily, Grant pulled through and we have not regretted the big investment in our DSLR camera. It has become a hobby that we can share and Kyle teaches me new things every day. I had the chance to go out and practice my skills today by taking engagement photos for the daughter of a woman in our ward. I think they turned out great...what do you think?

Click HERE to see a few more of the portraits from today.

I sure hope that we get more opportunities to take photos for people in the future. It was a great way to earn a little extra money doing something I love! Any takers?

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I think you are AMAZING!!

Us Bailey's said...

Very very cute! You did a great job! Can we be next?!! It's kinda fun huh?!

Logan and Stevie Ipsen said...

You did a great job! Even though taking pictures is a big part of my job at work, I have also been taking a few photos on the side. It would be a terrific way to make money, except everyone I take pictures for are friends or family, so I have yet to charge real money:) but I guess it is an easy way to give a nice wedding, or baby gift that doesn't cost much other than my time.

Michelle said...

Wow, good job! They look great!

Chase and Amy said...

Awesome job Alli! they look great! :)

Mel said...

They look Great Alli!! you can take my engagement pictures when the time comes!

Delli said...

The pictures are beautiful! Nice job! :). Glad you're enjoying your new hobby.