Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Kyle!

I forgot the candles, so we improvised!
I always love it when Kyle's birthday rolls around since that means we get to be the same age for the next 6 months (I am a little bit older than he is). This year, Kyle got to celebrate his birthday ALL weekend long. We had lots of plans that got changed around last minute, but in the end, we went to see a movie (The Blindside) and to dinner at Chile's with our friends Mike and Angie on Friday. It was so nice to get out and we laughed to realize that we had not been to a movie in a nice theater for at least 2 years, and it had been MONTHS since we had been to any movie at all! We loved the show, the meal, and most especially the company! (sadly we left the camera in the car, so no pics!)

Saturday (Kyle's actual day) he woke up early to go snowmobiling with my dad and big group of men. I hear the trip was a blast and Kyle came home completely sore and exhausted. Grant and I caught up with them at my parents house and ate some dinner followed by cake and presents.

This was Kyle's first birthday as a father and it was great. Grant gets SO excited to see Kyle when he gets home from work and when he saw him come in from snowmobiling, he just babbled and bounced up and down in excitement!Kyle snapped a photo of me and the cake I made for him. Every year he requests the same cake and every year, I laugh. I love the cans of German Chocolate frosting and he always wants it made from scratch. It is a labor of love really, but at least once a year, he gets his frosting made from scratch even if it does take 4 times as long! Sunday, Kyle continued to get pampered. I made him a delicious breakfast and he got to lounge and play with Grant before church. After dinner, I made him his favorite meal (Chicken Parmesan) too. In all, I think that three days of celebration was a great way to celebrate! We love you Kyle!

2 comments:

forsgren@wic.net said...

We love you too Kyle. I didn't know for sure when your birthday was, but now I know.Hope you a had a great time playing in the snow. Love your blogs. Keep them coming.
LOL Grandma Great

Chase and Amy said...

Way to be an awesome wife Alli! We were sad we weren't around this time to celebrate with you. So make sure to tell Kyle happy belated birthday from us! You guys are awesome!