Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday, October 1st, 2010


Yesterday was SUCH a beautiful day here. We have been blessed with an incredible Indian Summer and the high temp on October 1st was 86 degrees!!! It has been lovely for me since I have been DREADING the long Idaho Winter that is not far away and the germ lockdown that comes with winters for us. Friday's are usually days when Kyle is home with us, but he has been working his tail off to help my dad get their home addition closed in and protected from the upcoming winter as well. Rather than sulk that I was stuck home without my husband, I decided to make it a fun day no matter what. Grant and I started the day by building our own toddler gym out of couch cushion and pillows so he could practice his climbing. He loves to climb on top of our coffee table and will cry out at me to come and put my leg there for a stepping stool so he can get on top. He like to climb into beds, chairs, window sills, you name it. He had a blast with our cushions and only took one spill, so it was a successful morning!

Then, I called my friend Angie and we decided to take our kids up to a local hot springs picnic area in the mountains to enjoy the changing fall colors and incredible weather. While there, Grant continued to want to climb on top of the picnic tables and learned that sticks are fun to play with. He would not, however, take the time to look at his mother for a picture!

Angie and her adorable baby Connor. I can't get over what a great natured kid Connor is. It gives me hope that one day we might be blessed with an easy baby.

The colors were changing everywhere and our picnic spot was on the river bed overlooking the valley below and a lot of beautiful colors.

When we got home we helped Daddy wash the windows. It was a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Braziers said...

I am so glad that you posted. I was actually thinking about calling you to make sure you were ok. It looks like you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been having a lot of fun! After what you have been through, I think your next baby is going to seem like a piece of cake, but I will hope they are great natured, too.
I don't know if I just haven't noticed the new picture in your header or if it really is new, but I love the "Built Ford Tough" theme to match! :)

Delli said...

It's so nice to hear what you've been up to. You sure to do live in a beautiful area! I'm glad things are going well....but I'm certainly hoping you can get some good sleep soon! I love all the cute pictures!

Derek, Nikki, and Avrie said...

I love the changing weather as well and creating my own gyms for avrie! you are such a wonderful mom! keep the posts coming! I miss you!