Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween 2010

I was so excited to celebrate Halloween with Grant this year. Grandma Jer got Grant his "Crush" costume (from Finding Nemo) last year and we had been working with him so that he would say "dude" all week.

Aunt Melissa was in town visiting and so she got to tag along in the fun. We went to a trunk or treat at a neighbor's beautiful home after trick or treating around our neighborhood. Grant pulled his own weight by holding his candy basket, signing please, and waving bye bye once he chose his favorite candy.

I made Kyle get into costume, but we were a little late in the planning. We intended to just go as nerds, but at the last minute, we made him a name badge that said he was an engineer for the site he works for and I was an intern at the same site. It was intended to tease my dad who is an engineer, but he got quite a few great comments from other people who decided that his nerdy engineer was spot on in far too many cases!


The most interesting thing we discovered this year is that Grant actually has an evolving sweet tooth. Since his first birthday incident and his utter distaste for cake or anything sweet, we figured that his candy would pretty much be for us to sneak. Instead, we have discovered that Grant actually really likes Reese's and Skittles, so much so that he will dig through his basket, find the correct package, bring it to us, and sign please until we give him a piece! I am thrilled because this means that his tastes are evolving a little more and that his aversions are reducing! Bring on the candy....in moderation of course! :)

2 comments:

Jerolyn & Bruce said...

You guys look great!!! so fun to see these pictures! I don't think Grant will fit in that costume next year! Its so cute on him though. I will keep looking. :)

Brooke said...

Oh, how cute is little Crush Dude! Glad you had so much fun this year and that Grant is expanding his tastes to include some sweet stuff.