Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Haiku

Kyle checked his email this morning and found a notice from Southwest Airlines with a Valentine's prize giveaway for a Panama Beach, Florida resort week plus a ton of extra features like restaurant packages, spa days, jewelry, flowers, etc. To enter, all you had to do was write a haiku that describes your relationship. We laughed this morning trying to come up with a few. Remember a Haiku is characterized by three lines... five syllables, then seven, then five again. Here are our favorites:

Haiku #1

Critically ill kid
Tired parents never get a break
Take pity on us

Haiku #2

Poor college sweethearts
Never got a honeymoon
Panama sounds great

Haiku #3
Accountant meets shrink
Somehow we see eye to eye
Send us to the beach

So what would your haiku be?

5 comments:

Nate said...

I would seriously go with the first one you had, it sounded like a winner to me.

Nate said...

I just entered with mine:

She was so pretty
Long distance would not work out
Now expecting child

Chelle said...

You guys are funny! I'll cross my fingers for you that you'll win that trip...you def deserve it! I used to love Haikus back in the day. They were always so random. Not enough brain power left to think of one now, but I'll keep you posted. :)

Chase and Amy said...

I love it, one of my professors (yes a computer science professor) made me writ a haiku on my latest test. Nice work :)

-Chase

The Hickman Family said...

Ha, ha, I love it!