Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lunch Is Served- June 14, 2011

Most mornings, I feel like I have a sleep deprived hangover and I go through the morning in a haze... sometimes barely functioning as I bath Grant, get breakfast and meds, and move through our family routine. I usually shower last in this proccess and most of the time, Grant will play in our room while I shower, pulling things out of the cabinets and making huge messes for me to find (I am always amazed at how much damage he can do in six minutes!) Last week, I came out of the shower and found this.

Take a closer look. I absolutely love to see how his mind works. He had set the "table" for lunch. He went to the kitchen and got hot pads, went to his toy kitchen to collect the food he had been cooking that morning, set his calculator (which he carries everywhere and pretends is a laptop) there to study his recipe (exactly how I cook most days). It was so artfully arranged I don't think that I could have done much better! I am not quite sure what the purpose of the rake and sand shovel are, but I am sure he had a great reason for them being there in his mind!
I hurried to get the camera out and when I asked Grant about the lunch he had prepared for us, he got my plate ready and wanted me to sit down so we could eat. I loved every moment of it!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so darn adorable. I am constantly bowled over by the way toddlers minds work. They can't communicate all that they are thinking in words but it comes out in their actions. Bravo, Grant!!

Robyn said...

I bet the shovel and rake were there to toss the salad. :) Grant is too cute!

Chelle said...

Ohhh, that is the cutest thing ever! Isn't it amazing to see how observant they are? And I agree with you, it never ceases to amaze me what an enormous mess toddlers can create in minutes...I have the same problem at my house. I feel like I'm always saying, "Agh! I turn my back for one minute and they've ____. How are they so fast??"
P.S. I totally laughed at your comment on my blog. i responded to you but I don't know if you checked it again. The library moment WAS quite classic, hee hee. :) And I was very grateful to have you as a roommate to discuss all my issues with! Many good memories.

K.E.N said...

what's the calculator for?

Michelle said...

Aww, that is adorable. What a cute kid, and smart! I love the calculator laptop! I totally cook that way too! :)

Us Bailey's said...

Sooo cute! I love Grants little smile as he sits at the "table" too! So fun to see how their minds work!

Matt and Melissa said...

That is just to adorable! What a cute little guy you have!

Delli said...

Too cute!

The Larchars said...

ok that is totally cool! I just got Grace some dishes and she loves cooking. Totally should have done it sooner! That calculator cracks me up!