Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seems Like Yesterday

Four years? Really? Looking at these pictures it seems like yesterday that we were getting married. My sister in law Melissa got engaged recently and I have been reliving a lot of the details of our wedding as we talk and plan for her upcoming wedding. We got married on the Thursday of Labor Day Weekend that year. I remember being worried that it might be windy (as Idaho often is), but we woke up to a gorgeous clear day. No winds, perfect temperatures, and the cutest boy ever by my side.
We had a beautiful sealing in the Idaho Falls Temple at 10:30 that morning. I hardly slept the night before out of nerves and excitement. I picked Kyle up from his hotel that morning and I just felt so happy. The best part of the day was in the temple. I loved having 30 minutes to sit with my soon to be husband in the sealing room just reflecting and dreaming of the future we were building together. I had a hard time not smiling and sneaking glances at Kyle during our ceremony. I don't remember a lot of the advice we were given (though my awesome friend wrote as much down as she could for us!), but it does stand out to me that we were told on our wedding day that "today we start a new family."
I don't think that I had any realization at that moment what our new family would entail. I told Grant this morning that today was our family's birthday and that we needed to celebrate. He smiled at me and then ran over to load his Legos into his toy shopping cart.
Four years has been good to us. It has of course been full of trials, blessings, and everything in between. Kyle and I laughed last night as we discussed how 90% of our disagreements are related to parenting and most of those are related to problems with lack of sleep, or middle of the night frustrations with Grant. I smiled because I know that this stage of our lives is temporary and if that is what we argue over, life is really good.









Happy Anniversary babe. You have been the most important and best decision of my life. I don't think I even had a clue when I married you what a great man you were. This year, we are celebrating with .40 cent wing night at Buffalo Bill's Wildwings (just saying that sounds oh so romantic!LOL!) because we are trying to recover some funds after working all summer to finish our basement and getting airline tickets to go visit your family in Arizona. It may not sound like the most romantic anniversary we have ever celebrated, but I am so looking forward to it because it means we get to spend time together. I can't wait to look back on this anniversary and laugh at how we celebrated (kind of like I look at the anniversary we decided to get a fancy hotel room and I could hardly enjoy it because I was so sick in my first trimester pregnant with Grant!).

Life is good.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Ohh, happy anniversary! Loved all the pics--you guys seriously had an amazing photographer, they are just BEAUTIFUL! And you both look soo happy. You guys really have been put thru the refiner's fire and it sounds like it has made your relationship even stronger. I hope your day ends up being fantastic!!

Chase and Amy said...

Happy Four Years! Man! Time goes by fast. I still remember the day you called us up when we were in Arizona to tell us you were getting married. We're so glad to have you as friends and we look up to you so much. :)

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm still excited that we're cousins now because of it, awesome. :) Love you!

Delli said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved your sweet post! You two are such a great couple and great parents. So glad that things are going well for you. :) I sure miss you!

Us Bailey's said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a fun time and that you are enjoying Arizona! Good luck!