| In the air... somewhere over the Grand Canyon. |
We spent Sunday evening visiting and catching up. Luckily Grandpa Bruce was willing to play legos with Grant and they ended up creating quite the bridge (sorry for blurry photos... I was tired!)
I will probably have to break this week into several posts, so I will end this one with one of our favorite pastimes... SWIMMING!
Grant doesn't get to swim much because public swimming pools (especially for the two year old crowd) are notorious for being full of harmful to Grant bacteria, so it was AWESOME to let him have free rein of Grandma and Grandpa's pool. Bruce takes meticulous care of his pool and the chlorination levels are spot on which was so nice. The other great thing about swimming in Arizona is that the water was WARM! We pretty much only swam in the early mornings or later at night because it was SO hot outside (think 115 degrees) that it was unbearable. It was great to see him in water without his signature blue lips and fingers.
We call this position Grant's "chilling" pose. When he gets his diaper changed, he will frequently lay back and put his hands up behind his head like this. It CRACKS me up. Doesn't he look like he just needs a pina colada with a fancy umbrella?
I have lots more pictures to add , but they will have to wait for another post since my time is about up for today. Stay tuned for pictures from the Phoenix zoo, the aquarium, a scenery cruise, and more fun in Arizona!
3 comments:
Looks like fun - I've been waiting to hear about your adventures. Looking forward to the rest of the pictures and hoping we will have as much luck when we go on our flight.
And THANK YOU for making the extra effort with Grant to come visit us in Arizona!! It was so much fun to play all week!! Love you guys!!!
Hooray! I LOVE that you were able to take a vacation together....at last! I'm so glad it worked out well and it sure seems like Grant had a great time. :)
Post a Comment