Saturday, January 21, 2012

December 17, 2011 - Melissa's Wedding


Though this post may say that it is written by Kyle, it is in fact Allison (as usual). Our blog ran out of photo storage after my last post. It seems that Google does not want me to go over my free 1 GB of photo storage that Blogger allows and since I don't really want to pay a fee for more storage, I will just be posting under Kyle's account until his runs out of storage!
The week prior to Christmas, Kyle's youngest sister, Melissa, got married in the Bountiful temple to her fiance, Whipple (remember their engagement pics?). We headed down to spend the weekend with Kyle's family and celebrate with Melissa and Whipple. Due to some last minute problems with the photographer that they had hired (he totally botched her bridals), I ended up being the photographer of the day. I was 17 weeks along at the time and had only been feeling good for the last few days. I was absolutely WIPED out by the end of the long day....aches, back pain, swollen feet...sheesh! I felt way too early in my pregnancy to feel that way, but oh well! It brought back memories of my brother Nate's wedding. I was induced with Grant three days later and I was exhausted for his big day!



They had a beautiful day. The ceremony was at 1 pm, so thankfully my mom, Kellie, and Spencer came down to keep Grant out of our way and allow him to be a part of the day without being exposed to all of the germs with the huge crowds too. The weather was really chilly and there was no snow on the ground, but we did our best to not freeze and they both were so happy. We had a tasty lunch at the Spaghetti Factory and then off to the reception. Kyle enjoyed catching up with many of his former neighbors and SLC friends and I was bouncing back and forth between conversation and pictures most of the night.Her colors were deep red, silver, and touches of blue. They had a tasty crepes bar with lots of tasty toppings. Grant devoured most of the berries at the beginning of the night. Who knows how he was still hungry after going with my mom to Tucano's for lunch while we were heading to the temple, eating loads of spaghetti at the late luncheon, and then again at the reception. Since his Fontan, his appetite has been huge! Click on the collages to make them bigger.



Kyle's cousin has the most darling children. We had to laugh when Hunter caught Melissa's garter. Whipple had a backfire when he tried to fling it and it bounced back and hit him, so the second time, it actually landed on the floor and Hunter snagged it. When we told him where it had come from, and what it meant, he wanted to get rid of that as fast as he could! It was quite funny. Hunter's siblings were darling as well, joining in the dancing, and cake eating!
If I thought I was exhausted, I had nothing on Kyle's other sister, JoAnna. She was due three weeks after the wedding, but actually went into labor on Christmas morning and had her sweet little girl (post to follow).
In all, it was a great day. We are happy for the newlyweds who will be living in Logan for a while so that they can both finish school.

1 comment:

The Larchars said...

WOW!!! Amazing photography Alli! What a lovely day! And going under Kyle's name was brilliant. I'll have to remember that when we hit that marker!