Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grant's 1st Talk in Primary

Back in June, Grant had the opportunity to give his first talk in Primary. Since I am the Primary President right now, I get to see him interact in there every week. It is always so fun to see him getting excited. He has most of the senior primary wrapped around his finger and they all come in and want to say hi to Grant at the beginning of each week. This is his second full year in Primary since we moved him out of nursery a year early to get him away from the germs. He has done really well and was so excited to give his first talk and get to use the microphone. He was supposed to talk on Baptism and this is what he told us and we helped him write down:

Jesus was baptized because he wanted to be obedient and do what Heavenly Father wants. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus and I want to be obedient too. I can be obedient by listening to my mommy and daddy, by being nice to everybody, saying my prayers, reading scriptures, and coming to church. I want to be baptized when I turn 8 and be obedient to Heavenly Father and Jesus. I love you all.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

He also colored a picture from the Friend magazine to show everyone during his talk.  What an example he is to me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww, that's great and so cute! "Out of the mouth of babes"! For Matthew's first talk, they gave us the wrong handout telling us about it so we weren't prepared at all the week of. I was sad that he didn't get to write it and practise and be excited... oh well, next time. :)