Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brrr!

I came home from work today and discovered an interesting thing. Our little studio apartment smelled. Not like boy (a smell that I am learning to expect and possibly even like...at least when it is cologne) or like food or anything that one might expect. I smelled the familiar yet strange scent. As I looked at Kyle trying to determine exactly what it is, I realized that it was the smell of a pilot light, and old filter, and our HEATER kicking on! Lest I remind you of the date on this post, it is only halfway through September!! There is no way we should have cold enough weather to warrant turning on the heat, but alas, it is so chilly in our basement apartment that we could not walk around barefoot! I checked the weather where my In-Laws are in AZ and they are currently resting at a balmy 83 degrees at 10 pm. ..... no fair. We have the heat on. Either we are pansies or we are living in the wrong part of the state. bbbrrrr!

Winter, here we come!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Umm, silly, that is what socks are for! Very thick socks, and sweaters! And maybe thermals...

Just kidding! :)

(and don't forget about a tuque!)

Devony said...

I love that you pointed out that the apartment did not smell like boy. Hee hee! Too cute! I understand though - I actually ran our fireplace the other day! Aack!