On May 2nd and 3rd, my brother Aaron and sister, Kellie, graduated from Utah State University. Aaron with his Master's degree in something wildlife and fisheries biology related (I don't know the exact degree title!) and Kellie with her Bachelors in Elementary Education! We of course had to support the ceremonies (though we missed Kellie's because we were flying to AZ) and get some great photos! Aaron was lucky enough to run into one of his good high school buddies while waiting in line. Congrats to Trent who is finishing his MBA!
We had to laugh at Aaron and Allyson... they didn't know the dress code and both showed up in jeans! Fortunately, Aaron graduated in the college of Natural Resources... a very outdoorsy bunch. Even the faculty were in jeans underneath their regalia!
Mom crying... and trying to hide it. This was the real reason Aaron decided to walk.. just to please his mother. I have to admit... the day was a little bitter sweet (ssshhh.... don't tell my family!) At one point in the ceremony, I saw my two great friends, Neal and Miriam who had both finished their thesis work this semester and were able to walk and I felt a twinge of jealousy... plus a few hidden tears. I sure wish that this were my turn, but I have to remind myself that I have had lots of things on my plate and with a little luck, the next ceremony will finally symbolize the FINISH LINE!
No comments:
Post a Comment