Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thesis Update

I know, many of you are anxiously awaiting my thesis news, but are too frightened to ask me directly knowing that it is a subject prone to tears, weeping/wailing/gnashing of teeth... etc! So, here is the latest. I have been extremely frustrated with my professor because she had all 3 current chapters in to her and she did not even touch them for almost 3 weeks. I was unable to proceed much without her insights, so I have felt at a standstill. I received a response email from her finally late last night. Excerpts include:
"Hi Alli,
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to this -- I've been swamped. Anyway, it's a really good draft. See my notes... I'd like to see everything you have next -- intro, review, methods, references, appendices -- so that I can put it all together. Could be ready for proposal meeting soon if it fits together."

While I skipped out a lot of the details, this is fantastic news! She is never this complimentary (look hard to see the positive spin on this response!) and usually I get really discouraged after opening a new email...but this means there is light! I will likely finally be able to have my proposal meetings (where I begin the process of getting this the final clearance) within two weeks and then the rest will be downhill from there! Good News for me... FINALLY!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

(keep reading for other updated posts below!)

2 comments:

Jerolyn & Bruce said...

Hooray for you!!! She must have been eating chocolate to be that nice. Good luck with the proposal mtg., and everything else! My fingers are crossed. ;-)

Us Bailey's said...

YEAH!!!! Isn't it a relief to finally get good news! good luck and keep it going!!!!