Now that I have finally added the pictures, I can show you last weekend's adventure! We made a quick trip to support Kyle's Best Friend, Tim, and then his cousin, Nate, in their weddings. It was quite the quick trip for us, but it was fun to have Kyle's mom join us on our little roadtrip. Tim (the tall blond guy in the above photo) and his wife Stephanie were married in Boise and we found our camera in time to get some photos at their luncheon.
We lost our camera in the car for the first wedding, so we only had the after shots. We decided that it would be fun to take a few of our own photos on the Boise temple grounds, but we could only stand the wind and cold for so long before we ran to the warmth of our car.... and on to drive another 6 hours back to make it to Nate's wedding the next morning in a different state!
Both days (at the Boise temple and at the Mt. Timpanogos temple ) were super cold and very windy, so we had to bundle up just to take the family and friends photos. We felt so bad for the poor brides and grooms! In the above photo, the wind was so bad that Nate's bride, Melissa, had to have her brother hidden to hold her veil down to give the appearance of a nice day!
In all, it was a great road trip. Highlights include:
1. A self taught water aerobics class in the hotel pool Friday morning... did the maintenance guy really need to keep returning for the hose... 6 times??
2. Kyle forgetting his garments (the second time this has happened in our 8 months of marriage. **sigh**) and having to track down the distribution center....again!
3. Seeing family and friends. I am amazed at how close knit Kyle's extended family are and how Tim's family are also in that category. I feel so welcomed by his wonderful aunts and uncles.
4. Losing Kyle everywhere I went. At least 3 times on this trip, I would turn around thinking he was right there...just to find that it was not him. Case in point? At the luncheon in Boise, standing by the restrooms. I go to get a drink and come back in full conversation with the gentleman in a suit next to me...presumably my husband. It took examining his shoes for a minute or so and then putting my hand on his chest (keep in mind I was looking down this whole time!) before I looked up and realized he was the Bride's uncle or something! EMBARRASSING!
5. Kyle's rendition of "do re mi" on repeat several times through the Idaho desert. We borrowed his grandpa's car and then forgot our own cds, so the only thing we could find in his car were classical put you to sleep tunes, or Julie Andrews belting in all her glory. I never knew Kyle knew all of the words! I think that he is a closet musical lover after all!
6. By far the best part was reflecting on our own wedding day and the absolute perfectness of it. Perfect weather, wonderful family, perfect pictures, great food, so much support from friends and family, etc. I think we attend weddings to remind us of our own covenants and to reflect on the wonderful marriages we have. I am so grateful to have an awesome spouse who I love and adore!
We have been told frequently that we are hard to catch up with because we are always out doing stuff.... this is a pattern I hope that we keep forever. I love to be active and planning something small to do to getaway. This weeks plan? ARIZONA!! Since finals are done now, we leave this evening (after Aaron's graduation.... we are sad to miss Kellie's tomorrow!) for a 5 day getaway with Kyle's family in Mesa. I will be so excited for an outdoor pool and 90 degree weather since it snowed another two inches here yesterday. Blogging will follow!
3 comments:
Sounds like you had quite the adventure and a long ride in the car. Don't you love how anytime you go anywhere someone has to forget something! The only thing is its normally me who forgot!
Fun pictures! We're leaving the 13th. We'll actually be in IF for about 5-6 weeks while we're waiting to get in to Student Family housing at UW, so hopefully we can see you guys sometime during our time there!
So adam forgot his garments on a trip we took and there was no distribution center within a 3 hour drive. I made him wash them every night before he got in the shower and I would throw them in the dryer. Needless to say, he never forgot them again! Try that next time....hee hee hee
Post a Comment