Monday, November 3, 2008

Is Your Town This Cool?




So remember a few posts back where I discussed how sad I am to read each of your posts about the amazing pumpkin patches that you are taking your kids to? Well, I had to document that while we do not have anything even close to a cool pumpkin patch, we have something even better.... the North Logan Pumpkin Walk! Basically, the idea of this is that different community and family groups get together and create pumpkin scenes based on a theme each year. It is then open for 5 days for the public to come and walk through and view our neighbors creativity....absolutely FREE! Kyle and I made a date night out of it and I was pleased to find out that they had lovely porta potties to accommodate the pregnant ladies present (though try doing your business in the dark...yikes!) and the weather was pleasantly above freezing, so I even stayed warm! Here are a few pictures from the events. We mostly zoomed in on our favorite creations from some of the scenes, but this would be an awesome family activity to try at home!

Here is a link where you can see all of these great photos!
2008 Pumpkin Walk

1 comment:

Devony said...

I love this pumpkin walk! We went one year and it was totally awesome! Thanks for posting about it so I can relive it through you!