Kyle's Interview: After two hours of prep with my dad and one of his colleagues who works in the financial arena of the government, Kyle was feeling much more prepared for his interview. He and I practiced more the morning of and by the afternoon, he was nervous, but well prepared. He was in the interview for an hour and from our best guess, they only interviewed a handful of people for the position. Kyle came out with a huge smile on his face. He reported feeling really confident, and felt that his last two jobs have given him the exact experience that they are looking for! We will probably be waiting a few weeks for a final decision, but he felt great about the interview. The best part is that because it is in a high clearance portion of the government, his background checks would likely take 6-9 months to be completed allowing us plenty of time for graduation, baby's arrival, and the likely hospital stays after delivery. This reassured me a lot because the prospect of living in a different state than my husband during that time had me a little less than enthused!
My defense: I was surprised at what a mess I was yesterday. I did not anticipate feeling so stressed. My defense went very well. I passed and will officially walk in December's commencement ceremony. I apologize to those who might have wanted to attend... I was so freaked out that morning that I neglected to call anyone. It was probably for the best because it helped me relax more quickly in the defense. The thing that I found most interesting after my defense was the intense level of emotion I experienced. As my committee congratulated me, I felt really numb and felt like I had a fake smile plastered on my face (also ignore how exhausted I look!). When I got into our apartment, I lost it and was sobbing uncontrollably. Kyle called to see how it went and all I could do was cry. He was so confused because I had told him I passed! Looking at it now, I can see that the emotions of the last few weeks have been so intense and the feeling of relief that the defense was over triggered a whole new wave of emotion that could only be expressed by tears. I had to force myself to calm down to go to work and came home a cried some more. An odd feeling for having just completed a task I had worked towards for two years, but it is amazing what stress will do to a person. In any case, today I will work on some revisions and get it on its way to the next review committee so that my graduation will post as quickly as possible. For now, you can all refer to me as Master... at least feed my ego for a week or so right?!
Two more big events are coming, so no worries... our household will continue to supply plenty of drama! The hospital just called to confirm our information for our specialist appointment next Tuesday and we are meeting with our landlord tonight to get keys to our new place. Two down, two to go! Thanks for your prayers, thoughts, and support!
10 comments:
HOORAY!!!! Way to go on passing your defense! That is so exciting, and I am so happy for you! Congrats to Kyle as well for having an excellent interview. It must be nice to have a ray of sunshine in your lives. Good luck with moving and enjoy your amazingly spacious new place. (Oh, and the nice thing about pregnancy is you can blame anything on it and not have to take responsibility... especially crying!)
So is Beth pregnant too or is it just one of those pictures? Don't tell her I asked if she's not... :)
Congratulations Master Alli!!
(And, btw, you look great in that picture!)
Holy Honk!!! My dearest Alli!!! I sure do love your guts (especially what's growing in your guts right now). Its amazing the unique trials the Lord gives us to deal with in order to grow and progress. You are an amazing example to me. I love you and your guts!
Yes, Robyn, Beth is also pregnant. She is due in about three weeks, so yes, no worries...she did not just gain a ton overnight!
You're in our thoughts and prayers! Keep up the positive perspective.
Alley-oop! I have been missing from the blogosphere world lately (you of all people understand busy, now don't you?!?) So, I had to catch up on your life.
1- I, along with all of the others who love and adore you and Kyle, will be praying for you as you go into your appt. on Tuesday. I know that feeling of "shock" you mentioned. I hope you get to drive away from your appt. with a huge amount of relief!
2- You are such a cute preggo lady! ::whistle::
3- Congrats on officially passing your defense! You are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
Congrats Master/Mistress Alli! We're soo proud of you! Congrats to Kyle on the job interview too and hopefully he gets it! You definitely need to live in the same state! Good luck with the move! Hooray!
What more can I add to what has already been said, except a few more tears of happiness for ou both. We love you and all that yu stnd for. Is that good breding?? Love Grandma Great
Yipee! Isn't it soo exciting to be done -- Oh, and make sure your get called Master Alli- It sounds so much better than doctor! I do that to Mike! Good luck with everything and I am glad the interview went well! It looks like we will be moving to WA -- but we will hopefully be back in ID in a couple years! We will now for sure in the next couple weeks!
Post a Comment