Saturday, January 24, 2009

A most worthy winner


So anyone who needs a good laugh should stop over to "Seriously So Blessed". If you are not familiar with this spoof blog, it is one that makes light of all the Mormon bloggers out there. Occasionally on the site, the creator (using the alias TAMN) will post giveaways for her readers from those that sponsor her site. This last week, the site has been doing an essay contest for the reader most deserving of a makeover package. Emily G. is a member of the International Healing Hearts Parent Support Group that has wrapped their arms around Kyle and I as we have begun Grant's journey. She is a person of great strength and compassion. She and her husband have had two little babies who have both lived less than two months due to rare genetic and congential heart defects (her little Ryker had HLHS just like Grant and died from complications of surgery). After so much heartache, they are now trying to adopt so that they can finally have a child they can keep here on Earth. Emily has responded to all of the questions I have posted on the IHH support page and has emailed me personally to share her story of having two sweet angel babies. We have never met and yet she has extended her love and support. She deserves to win this contest because of the extreme heartache she has gone through and she hopes that having a new image and professional photos will help make their adoption journey more successful than it has been so far. Please take a second to visit THIS LINK and vote for EMILY. I would love to see her have a nice break to all of the trials they have gone through.

If you want to view their personal blog, CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Alli I get to be the first comment!!! What fun I voted for Emily I hope she wins she sounds like she needs it what a good friend you have made on line isn't great what a computer can do for you these days. Hang in there you 2

Buck & Ashley Higgs said...

Totally voted for her! =)

forsgren@wic.net said...

I can'tfind anywhere to post my vote, but I too vote for them anyway. I love to read these thinga about you kids and keep up with your doings. I am amoung the fist three comments to you. Did you skin your knees sliding down the driveway (from last blog)??? Love yall Grandma