Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyle!

I am a little late in posting, but I have a GREAT excuse! With our Layoff news, Kyle has been so busy trying to finish his classes two months early and so in between homework, tests, and teaching himself, I have become the SUGAR MOMMA!! I have been working almost full time at LDSFS picking up any extra hours I can find, plus I accepted two TA jobs at the University to help out some professors and my twenty hours a week there helps to pay the rest of the bills. Needless to say, this far along in my pregnancy, I am EXHAUSTED (super tired=no blogging!). Kyle has been a super trooper through it all and looks for any way he can to make extra cash and has been super productive for me at home making my lunches and snack bags for work and keeping on top of home stuff. Yay for teamwork! I have been really blessed and we recognize how much Heavenly Father is providing a way for us through Kyle's unemployment to still stay on top. It makes me feel a lot better seeing how someone else is really in control of all of this! I could not pass up a chance to document Kyle's quarter of a century Birthday though! Here are a few reasons why I decided to rob the cradle by marrying this young 'un! :-)

*He will put his family above anything else! For example, on his birthday (last Friday), Kyle found out that my parents would be moving furniture, painting, ripping out old carpet, and preparing for new carpet to come in the following week. Knowing that this was a big job, he agreed to come and work for my parents to earn money for our family and help out my parents. What a stud. He did get pampered with breakfast in bed and small gifts throughout the day, but he literally worked for 10 hours and was so tired that he could not even have the energy to go out that night! I love my hardworking hubby!

*He takes care of me! Similar to the above comment, Kyle is my biggest supporter. He drives anytime we need to go even if he is tired because he is concerned that I will not be comfortable in the car. He carries all of the groceries, totes around my purse without complaint, and makes sure that he is escorting me just in case I were to slip on the ice. He truly sees my needs above his own and is so good about reminding me that I am fragile and need to rest when I can.

*Hottie!! I need to find my camera (sorry for the lack of photos!), but I amazed that I still get butterflies when he walks into the room. Sorry... gushy for all of you non romantics, but he only gets one birthday a year!

I could go on and on, but I just have to say that I am truly grateful for one awesome best friend. He does what is right and helps me to be better. He puts up with me and makes me laugh when sometimes I only want to cry. What a wonderful man. Happy birthday Honey! (now, we will see how long it takes before he reads this and sees that I updated our blog!!)

7 comments:

forsgren@wic.net said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!!! I didn't know or I would have called you at least to remind you how old you are. I have been wondering how things were going. I love to read even if there is no pictures,I can imagine the same. We love yall and hang in there only a few more days and there will be more crises to write about. Love Grandma

Nate said...

eww...mush...

Chase and Amy said...

He is pretty awesome. We want to take you guys out for ice cream or something to celebrate a late birthday for him, since you weren't around! Hope that your trip home was fun. :)

Cindy Robinson said...

all that can be said is,
AHHHH
love it!

Us Bailey's said...

Happy birthday Kyle! It was fun to see you guys this last weekend!

LittleFamilyJL said...

A happy late birthday to you Kyle!

The Larchars said...

Happy B-day kyle!!! I am so impressed with how supportive you are being to Ali. I can promise you that means the world to her! You are such a great guy, I am glad that I got to know you guys. Hope you had a great day and that you are getting through the business of school ok.

All the best!!!