Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009

We planned a pretty low key New Year's Eve this year. Homemade Olive Garden soup, salad, and breadsticks with my parents and Kellie and Spencer joined us after dinner. Dinner was delicious and Grant was in bed by 7:45.

We could tell our party was looking a little dull, plus we were all exhausted from the week of festivities. See for yourself what a wild party we throw these days...sigh.


Yes, my dad even had bed head from snoozing on our couch begging to go home and sleep.


I decided something needed to be done...and fast! Cranium to the rescue! A little game of boys against girls got us moving.
Can you guess? Hint: Thing

The answer above was paint ball. Yeah...I was guessing something more like a suicide bomber, but the boys figured it out.

Long before Kellie and Spencer were married, Spencer played this game with my family and my dad had to act out "the Naked Chef". This moment has lived in infamy as both my SIL, Allyson, and Spencer were scarred by seeing my dad strip to his bare chest and start doing some sort of odd belly dance. We always laugh about it now and frankly, whenever Dad draws a charades clue, we all get a little nervous. This one however was genius. Can you guess? Hint: Animal

A Clam! (thankfully no nudity this round!) ;o

In the end, the girls still won though the boys claim we cheated. Hardly. I still felt fairly pathetic when everyone left by 10:15pm and Kyle begged to go to bed. I did wake up to welcome in the New Year at midnight...when Grant's crying got me up! Happy New Year! May this year be slightly less eventful for our family. I could use a break from the never ending stress!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I beat you for lameness--I went to bed at 8:30! :) We had just gotten home from ID and I hadn't been able to sleep the night before... Glad you had fun though, and that your dad behaved himself. :)

LittleFamilyJL said...

Looks like a fun party to me! But really, you had me wishing I was there from the beginning of your post.....That soup, salad and breadsticks has got my mouth watering!!!

Brooke said...

I hope you get that break and this year is fabulous for you all!

Chelle said...

Okay, those pics of your mom and sister, and the one of your dad were SO funny! Glad Cranium came to the rescue. And hey, the dinner looked super good. :) Jared had to work New Year's Eve so we had a lame night ourselves...oh well.

Stephanie said...

I think any party is good if it includes Olive Garden and Cranium! By the way, can I get the recipes for those items? Olive Garden happens to be my favorite restaurant, mostly because of the salad. I would love to have the experience at home!

Ben and Robbie and family said...

I LOVED the pictures of your party guests- I was laughing out loud. Hilarious! Glad you were able to rescue things...looks like it was fun- and the food looked fabulous.