Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whatever works...January 1, 2010


Grant is a terrible sleeper. He always has been and continues to be so. Since Kyle leaves for work at 5:45am, I cover the night shift each night. I am usually up with Grant 4-6 times a night and sometimes more and if you don't catch him quickly, he starts into a hysterical cry that takes him 30 minutes or more to calm down from (exactly what we have been advised to NOT let him do at night!). Usually, if I catch him fast enough, I can offer him a pacifier before things get out of control. Now, Grant goes to bed with a pile of binkys and in the middle of the night, I will hear him fuss, and then start frantically slapping his hand around his crib until he finds one of these. It totally cracks me up because if he is lucky enough to find one before he starts screaming or I get up, he will pop it back in, sigh contently, and immediately fall back asleep. Silly kid. :)

5 comments:

Laura Neill said...

That's too cute. Hayden used to do the same thing. I ended up having to use the little ribbon's to attach 2-3 to his jammies at a time, and even then some how he'd end up losing them in the night!

forsgren@wic.net said...

You said it What ever works. Things will get better for sure in this new year. LOL GG

Delli said...

Pretty funny. Sorry you still have to be up so much in the night. I loved seeing all your posts. Christmas and New Year's looked fun - and I'm glad you were able to make it up to the cabin....even though poor little Grant didn't sleep well. We love you lots - enjoy the new year!

Nate said...

Why don't you just rig up a rubber band around the pacifier? Then when he goes to sleep at night, you can put the rubber band around his head and keep the pacifier in his mouth all night long. Kind of like a gag... ;-)

The Hickman Family said...

I'm laughing because that sounds a lot like my oldest daughter Kaitlyn. She used the same huge green pacifier until she was 2 and a half! Jared always joked that he was going to slap a piece of duct tape across her face to hold it in her mouth!