Meeting our very first nephew!


Grant is the first grandchild on both sides of our families, so we were delighted when my brother Aaron and his wife Allyson announced that they were expecting last summer! Russell Montgomery was born February 7. We were able to meet him for the first time the weekend of his blessing. Aaron and Allyson decided to bless Russell in Logan, UT since her family all live there and it was a good close meeting place for us. We stayed overnight with Kellie and Spencer who live in our old apartment. It was kind of fun to be back to the house we brought Grant home too, though Kellie has made it a LOT more homey than I ever did! It was a very quick trip, but it was nice to be back in Logan since we both love it there and have wonderful memories of our dating and married life there. Grandma was so excited to finally have both of her grandsons together for a picture moment!

Grant thought that Russell was a pretty interesting creature. Russell's little newborn cry made Grant start laughing every time he heard it! I guess he just thought the little squawk was pretty funny, but it made us all giggle!

Look at those baby blues!

They blessed Russell in a private family meeting on Saturday afternoon. It was really nice to be able to participate and take Grant with us. It will be fun in the future for Grant to have a cousin to play with. Hopefully in a few years, there will be lots more little people running around too!


Grandparents with the little family.

Kellie and Spencer kept us company on the back row as we all tried to keep Grant from laughing during the prayers (he thinks prayers are hysterical!)

After the blessing, Grant got to play rocketship with daddy. Not exactly reverent, but since he was dressed in his USU gear, I guess he didn't have to be reverent!

Proud Papa with Russell the Mussell (as Aaron like to call him!)

Congratulations again Aaron and Allyson! He is a sweetheart!
2 comments:
How cute,.. BOTH of them. I think Grant must have an awesome personality, I love reading the stories about him. I bet he keeps you laughing all day. Tell Aaron and Allyson CONGRATS for me. A very beautiful little family. (And I can just HEAR Aaron calling his son 'Russell the Mussel' in my head, What a Goof he is!) :D
Congratulations to them! What a cute little baby. I'm glad Grant will have a little cousin to play with now!
Post a Comment