Not too shabby right? Grant still has a slightly protruding sterum, but we hope that it will flatten in time as he grows. I weighed him this morning and he is sitting pretty at 29 lbs, though Kyle and I both have thought that he seems bigger to us. After measuring him, we discovered that the boy has grown 2 inches in the last few months! No wonder!
We have been down to one car for the last month due to problems with the steering rack on my 1999 Ford Taurus. We plan to fix it eventually, but the extra $600 for the repair are not really in the budget right now. Kyle has been riding his old bike to work most days, but on some days when Grant and I are free from appointments and schedules, we let him enjoy the air conditioning and stay home without a car! Today was one of the afternoons and we had a blast filling up the inflatable pool.
And then we spent a few hours blowing bubbles and using Grant's watering can to water some of my flowers. Now you know the real secret to my green thumb.... it is the toddler who likes to water in the middle of the afternoon heat!
His newest "smile for the camera face".
A few weeks ago, Kyle and I went on a hunt to find otter pops (did you know that most stores are out by the middle of July??!) so that we could introduce Grant to a favorite part of summer. His first experience was hysterical. He would bite into it and then cringe while making fists and shaking his whole body in reaction to the cold. Then the cycle would repeat because he wanted to keep getting the flavor. He seems to have gotten more accustomed to the cold sensation because on his second attempt today, he was wary initially, but them dove right into it.
On a lazy summer afternoon, we even take the time to multi task. I had to laugh that Grant kept trying to eat his otter pop while talking on the phone.
We hope that you are all enjoying your summer as much as we are!
7 comments:
Such adorable pictures Alli! What a cutie you have. I'm glad your little boy's doing so well after his surgery! Sounds like some good summer fun!
He looks AMAZING Alli. Oh my goodness, what a miracle boy. You wouldn't even know he had a heart problem if you didn't see the scar! And I can't believe he weighs 29 lbs! That is great! Danny and Heidi are still trying to get Tyler up to 30 lbs for his last surgery and he'll be four in Sept. Looks like it has been a good summer! love the otter pop and cell phone multitasking. :()
I've been catching up, loving all your posts! :) And you are right, Grant looks amazing! I love the roses in his cheeks in those bath pictures. He looks so happy and healthy and adorable!
And mischievous. :)
What a cutie! Love the pictures! Sorry about your car....I hate how expensive car repairs are!
OMG!! HE IS SO DANG CUTE!!! Miss you guys!
He is such a doll Alli! He looks sooo healthy for all that he's been through. What a miracle =)
Post a Comment