Though Grant was not quite three when the new year began, our Primary President asked me if I would be ok if we moved him into the Sunbeams (3-4 yr old) class at church to get him out of the nursery (where we were only able to take him on rare occasion thanks to the germs and many visitors who did not understand Grant's immunity concerns). I was very nervous, but thrilled to have a better option for him. He wasn't really talking much in January and had not ever spent much time in a peer setting like that, but he has excelled. In July, Grant was asked to share the Article of Faith in their opening exercises. I happened to have my camera with me because I was taking directory photos and I couldn't help but sneak a picture of him being silly with his friend Ben before the meeting started. All the parents in the back were laughing too hard to encourage much reverence and I loved that Grant didn't realize we were there!
Moments like these warm my heart. We questioned for so long what kind of a life Grant would have, especially after he was so unstable his first few years. Seeing him participate in primary was one of those moments where the Spirit confirmed to me that we had made the right choice in fighting to keep Grant here on Earth. He was come so far and though he continues to try to catch up with his physical therapy, speech therapy, and feeding therapy, he is doing GREAT! I have a huge post to come on some of Grant's latest cardiac episodes and some of the scary things going on, but on a normal day to day basis, we just try to live in the moment and be grateful for little things like our silly three year old goofing off in Primary.
2 comments:
He looks so stinking cute up there! I can't even imagine what emotions you guys must be feeling. It warms my heart and I'm not even his mother! So glad he can go to primary and have more peer interaction. Go Grant!
I am so proud of Grant!! He can do so many things!!!
I love you Grant!!!
gma jer
Post a Comment