Continuing on our week of family events, my brother and his family came into town a few days after we blessed Miles (we were sad that everything didn't line up perfectly so we could bless him when they were in town). Allyson is expecting a little girl in October and we are excited to see Russell in the role of big brother. We went to the parade that morning and let the little boys enjoy the floats and candy (forgot the camera), went to lunch at Scotty's per tradition (yum!), and then divided out for naps. Everyone came back to our house that afternoon for the fireworks viewing and our traditional homemade rootbeer and ice cream. Kyle snapped most of these pictures while I was in nursing Miles.
I bought these babylegs months before Miles was born and I was so excited for them to be his Independence Day outfit. So cute! Grant and Russell were on their second and third outfits of the day after getting the others soaked while playing in the hose and wading pool.
Kellie saw a great idea on Pinterest to use a cup to protect little hands when playing with sparklers. Grant was brave enough to try it and had a lot of fun until I realized that his cup was on fire! I quickly snatched it away and put out the flames. Pinterest, you failed us! ;) Next time we will try to drill a hole in a can or something!
Happy July 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment