Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Memorial Day and A New Decade

Somehow our posts got out of order since I often load pictures and then it is week (or months!) until I get around to posting the text. This was Memorial Day weekend and there was a beautiful flag display at a park nearby. We went and took pictures blowing bubbles to heaven in honor of our heart friends and especially for our heart friends Joshua and Kylie who both died in February. We sent these photos to Kylie's mom and Grant of course wanted to be a ham. 





I turned 30 in June and Kyle had been so busy with his summer class that I wasn't expecting much in terms of a birthday celebration. He surprised me the night before with this beautiful flower arrangement  which completely threw me off. We are usually pretty low key about birthday gifts for one another and so I thought that this and the date we had planned were going to be perfect. 

I woke up in the morning however to find these on the table (along with flowers from my awesome visiting teachers!). Turns out Kyle's parents had hidden a new crockpot in our house when they had been here last (I tragically broke mine the morning we found out that Joshua had died by turning it on to heat and then forgetting all about it for a few hours). It was a great surprise and then Kyle shocked me by giving me a new Bosch mixer. He had my mom and sister give me decoy gifts the day before and threw me off his trail with the flowers. They had all gone in on a new Bosch. I had been using my mom's hand me down Bosch that had been going strong for almost 38 years and the motor on it finally died. It is so great to have my kitchen appliances back again! 
I got to spend the day with these two cuties who were so excited that it was a birthday day. 

Miles discovered peanut butter and Nutella for the first time and decided that it was good enough to lick off the plate. He cracks me up. He spent a good five minutes trying to make sure he didn't miss anything. 





No comments: