Saturday, February 15, 2014

Grant's 1st day of Preschool

After spending all summer doing "Aunt Ada" preschool with my sister Kellie (yes, be jealous. I officially have the best sister EVER!) Grant was excited to try out preschool with a group of kids. Grant was really struggling to get the concept of his letters and numbers and Kellie knew she could motivate him better than I could. 3 days a week Grant got to go to her house for his own special preschool time while Miles napped. He learned so much and misses doing letter hunts with Aunt Kellie. I deliberated a lot about what to do for preschool for him during the school year. He was qualified for the school district's special needs preschool, but I didn't feel good about sending him because of the germ factor. I was referred to a wonderful woman who teaches out of her home here. She caps her classes at 6 kids (perfect for Grant!!) and so Grant now gets to go to Mrs. McKellar's preschool. This was the obligatory first day of school picture. He decided that he needed to wear a winter hat and gloves to school. Silly Kid.



It has been such a good fit for Grant. He is thriving with the small class size and is learning a lot. His class has 3 boys and 3 girls and despite a rocky start (the other kids were ignoring Grant because they couldn't understand his speech...break my heart!) it is so good now. All the kids are being so kind and Grant talks about his preschool friends non stop. Last week, two of the moms asked if Grant could come and have a play date because their daughters had been begging to have Grant over to play. I love seeing him grow and learn new things!

No comments: