Grant in his sandbox. This boy LOVES to dig in the dirt all day every day.
One morning, I had been taking care of Miles and came out to the living room to find Grant dressed in his own elaborate costume. He put the ensemble together himself and instructed me on how to play the game/obstacle course he had designed.
I love his outfits that he comes up with. I had to snag a few pictures of Miles on the go. We picked apples at Grant's preschool teacher's house and also had a box given to us by a friend. They were small apples that were perfectly sized for Miles' hands. The entire month I was cleaning up half eaten apples I would find since Miles would sneak into the pantry, grab one, and run off with it. He would eat 6-7 apples a day and was constantly found with an apple in his hand.
One of Grant's favorite pastimes is taking off our couch cushions and building with them. He loves to construct elaborate forts and then asks me to take his picture. This was a fun one that kept him occupied for at least 15 minutes, so that is always a win.
Sadly, we now have houses and neighbors on all sides of us (so sad after living in our house for 4 years with nothing but empty dirt lots on all sides). The house next door had a big load of top soil brought in just before they leveled it off to finish the yard and Grant insisted that they had brought the dirt for him to dig in. He would spend hours in that dirt pile "helping" the construction guys by moving the dirt in his wheelbarrow and rearranging the piles. Miles also had to be out there whenever possible. My boys were so sad when the houses were all finished, and though I was glad to not have construction crews out making noise at 5:30 am (and yes, I was that crazy lady screaming at them and calling the police in my pj's), I really dislike having neighbors so close. I like having a little more space and privacy. We ended up putting in a fence shortly after this which helps, but I am ready to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment