This has been a really busy weekend! My mom was planning on coming to visit for some of the weekend since it was a three day weekend for any of us in school or with Government jobs! Our original plan was to meet up with my brother Aaron and his wife, Allyson here for a Saturday of fun times, but we got a call from Allyson that morning informing us that Aaron was in the emergency room! He was playing on his ward's church basketball team in their stake tournament and someone came down on his ankle wrong and completely ruptured his Achilles Tendon! He was going to be sent into immediate surgery, so our plans changed drastically! Instead of them traveling to meet us, we made plans to visit the next day and see how things went (consequently, they could not take Aaron into immediate surgery due to his full stomach, so it will be this week.)
Instead, Mom, Kellie, and I went on some quick errands (May I mention how much I LOVE grocery stores and grocery shopping in general!! I trait that I have come to realize I inherited totally from my mother!) and I took them to see Enchanted for their first time (I still love that show!). We rushed back to Kyle (who had to study accounting all afternoon) and made a homemade Olive Garden Soup Salad and Bread night (YUM!) and then took my mom to her first University Basketball game! Way too much fun, especially since some major school records were broken that evening, although my mom complained at the end that the students were not very smart cause they stood all game and did not make good use of their perfectly good seats! I guess standing for 2 1/2 hours and cheering was a little new for her.
Sunday, we acted as the compassionate service committee and took dinner to the sick and afflicted (aka Aaron) where they live an hour from us. He was pretty laid up and will not be able to put any weight on his foot for over two months. Not good for a man who works as a fisheries biologist and is outside and on boats and mountains all day long! Though he was injured, we just propped his foot up and let him entertain us with his drug induced hilarity. We played games all afternoon....until the competitive edge took over. We decided to be done after Kellie (while trying to beat Kyle to discard in a card game) threw Kyle into their fridge (shocking everyone present, especially kyle!!). It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt! Aaron was quick to remind us of that!
Today, Kyle went in for a marathon day at work (nearly 12 hours....and now he is studying for the last 5 hours of the day!) and I spent the day spending time with my mom and sister. We of course had to hit up all of the shopping areas and just spent the day running around town. One thing that I have really enjoyed is that when I am with my family, I never feel like there is enough time to do all of the things that we want to. That always leaves us with more to talk about and plans to be made which is fun! I have not had my camera with me this whole weekend, so sorry, no photos! Then again, I love using the blog as a pseudo journal to keep track of our comings and goings. Send a few extra thoughts and prayers our way this week. Kyle will be finishing his internship at the end of the month and till then, most of our days will be the work 12 hours and then study for 5 kind of days.
2 comments:
I can't believe that you are lying to the blogging community about how vicious I am. You all just underestimate my strength. Just call me wonder woman or something!! ;)
Wow, good luck w/ the busy schedule!
Post a Comment