Attention all Computer Savvy People....
I am so frustrated with this page!!! I attended a fun little group last night with some awesome ladies that converted me to the realm of digital scrapbooking. After learning how great it can be, I am hooked and literally dreamed of the possibilities that I could make all night last night!! Now with that aside, I cannot figure out how to get this stuff to transfer over to the blogging realm. I have all of these awesome kits downloaded and when I tried to upload some of the pages to the background of my blog, it ends up extremely magnified (as you can see from my current background!) . How do I get these to load in the small and beautiful way that they appear as digital papers and not end up so HUGE!?!?! I am PLEADING for help, so any of you HTML savvy people (even if I don't know you and you are just visiting cause you clicked in from someone else's page!!), please leave me some useful comments or shoot me an instructional email...or call me and help! I am desperate!! :-) Also...see the pink stripe where the date and comments show at the bottom of each post?? No matter how I change my colors in the template, I cannot get that to change or go away!! EESH!
p.s. it warmed up a little finally and I spent yesterday chipping ice out of my window tracks and off the walls....it feels nice to not be blocked in by ice!
p.p.s. If I can figure out how, I will download a few of the page layouts I did yesterday. SO FUN! No more messy scrapbook night for me! Now, I just need a good laptop and external hard drive... anyone have any hookups or suggestions?
7 comments:
Alli,
Your right! That is too funny! When you figure out how to upload it to your blog let me know, I've been trying to figure it out for months!!! I'll have to show you Joel's pages that I have done sometime! Good luck and keep working at it so you can tell me how to do it!
Yea! I just got into digital scrapbooking this week too! I don't know what's going on with your background, mine are all small:) If you host your pictures on photobucket you can change the size that they're downloaded to. I do mine at email size and they're small. I love your header though, how did you get it the right size? mind is huge. hmmm, I'm going to keep checking your comments to see if I can get any help too:)
It looks like your background paper is just being stretched so it looks pixelated. I am able to host my own images so they don't shrink when uploaded to ones like photobucket. This gal might have some ideas to make it look right... http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/
(heather - Jane's sister :)
Oh - and we got an external hard drive to back up all our photos, digital scrapbook pages, and scrapbook kits, etc. It it awesome. I'm not sure what kind it is, just make sure it has a ton of memory! Good luck on your digital scrapbooking adventure. It's the funnest!
It looks like you're putting the background in as a plain image, so it's stretching it out to fit the whole thing. Try going to the html and search (ctrl f) for "background" and then put the url to the picture inside the brackets. I don't know if that is different from what you did, but I did it on mine just now and it worked just fine. (I saved your background into my photobucket account and did it that way). If that is what you did, then good luck! I don't know why it's doing that! :)
You should be able to change the post-footer background colour just through the normal blog layout stuff, but if for some reason you can't, search for "post-footer" in the html and you should be able to find where it lists the colour, and you can change it.
Like I said, good luck! Computers can be so frustrating! :) One really useful tool I use is Mozilla firebug, you can download it as an add-on for firefox and it will show you the html of any page and let you change things temporarily to see what things look like. It's also helpful to find out what you're looking for in your blog page html.
This is really long... I should have just emailed you!
Okay, so I talked to my sister in law Katie and she looked at yours... and the verdict is that we have no idea why it's doing that. Our only guess is that it has something to do with the google url you are using, because they tried it using your url and it did the same thing, but I tried it saving the background separately and uploading it to photobucket, and it worked.
(If you didn't know, you can right click on any background, click "view background image" and save it)
Just use photobucket. I had a much easier time getting it sized right than with googlepages. Also, is there something in your HTML that's a little off? I'm sending you a copy (e-mail) of the html code that Dev sent me. try entering it again and see if that will work.
Post a Comment