Monday, January 28, 2008

Citrus and Sage


On Saturday night, Kyle, Kellie, and I (do you notice that we are always a fantastic threesome?? I love my sister!!) went to a little coffee shop called Citrus and Sage (isn't that an awesome name!) for their Jazz night. Kyle is taking a History or Jazz class for a GE and he is required to go to different performances throughout the semester, so we seized the opportunity to go to this FREE event! We felt a little bad and so we each ordered a drink (steamers, Italian soda's, and yummy Cocoa!!) and sat back to enjoy the chill coffee shop atmosphere. It was something that felt to be out of a movie and definitely not taking place in the sleepy area that we live! Kellie and I surfed the net, worked on scrapbook pages, read books, etc. while Kyle diligently took notes for the write up he had to do!

This 1950's style card says "Guess where I'm Tattooed!!" We totally cracked up!

Kyle is so diligently taking notes...Love that boy!
This is my first attempt at adding a video to the blog. I hope that it worked. Part of the fun of the evening was looking at all of the different types of people that were attracted to this shop. At times, we really felt out of place, but there was one thing that each person in that room had in common.... We all enjoyed watching this guy (see video) rock out to the music! I had to be very discreet in trying to get him on video, but we seriously thought he was going to break his wicker chair! Some people know how to DANCE! :-)

3 comments:

Devin said...

oh that video is the funniest thing i've seen all day! hahaah! would have been so great to see that wicker chair just crumble beneath him!

Michelle said...

That's hilarious!

Jerolyn & Bruce said...

oh boy, love that dance!! lol