I have been thinking lately about a few of my funny habits... mostly related the sheer amount of time I spend with my laptop and my thesis... Without further adieu, I confess..
A)I frequently go to blogs with playlists...friend's blogs, stranger's blogs.. it makes no difference! I just get very sick of my own music and I stalk your playlists! If you use sitemeter or google analytics to track your visitors, you might see me on there a lot... truth be told, I am after your music! Thank you to everyone with playlists... please keep them long with lots of options for me and change the songs here and there so I don't get too bored... ok?? :-p
B) I love my Google Reader! For those who are not familiar with this great tool, you can enter all of the blogs you like to frequent and Google will check them for you and update you when someone has added a new post. Now, the strange part about this is... though I have used google reader for months, I only recently added all of my blogs in. I think part of me wanted to waste time by going through a massive list of blogs every day...just because that took one hour away from me having to work on my thesis! See the strange justifications I make?? Now I made a goal and I have been doing well at it. I finally entered in all of my friend's blogs and I only allow myself to check my google reader after significant progress. I have saved so much time by trying to kick my old habits! Thank you Google Reader! Now, if only it would check the private blogs for me too!!
C) I am trying to be better about leaving comments. I don't know what it is about seeing a wonderful comment on my blog, but it really does make me feel appreciated! I hate updating one day, then looking at my sitemeter and knowing that 20 people have visited that day (from places I had no idea my faithful readers lived!) and only one person left me a note! I can see now when I use Google Reader that I have to be more careful about checking actual blogs as well so that I can leave comments too. If I have not left comments enough recently, tell me and I will let you know that I stopped by!
D) I am guilty of browsing blogs of people that I don't know. Shocking isn't it? Not really because I know that I am not a scary person, but I can see how people want to make their blogs private just to keep people like me out! Let me tell you... I welcome the random visitors... I just ask you to identify yourself! I can see where people are visiting from and so I have a pretty good idea most of the time who is viewing, but I welcome stranger's visits and comments... as long as you are not out to stalk me!
ok... that is about all that I am willing to share for the day! What are your strange blogging habits?
13 comments:
LOL... nice try buddy :-)
I've been meaning to try that google reader out, but I too enjoy wasting time looking through my long list of blogs. Plus, sometimes I check them quickly and don't come back to leave a comment until later.
Hey- so Dirk's job is sort of difficult to explain without getting into trouble. He's in the Army. He does intel work. Currently on his deployment part of his job is meeting with all unofficial people or foreigners who come to Gitmo to basically do security checks on them. I'm really not sure of the details at this time. I know of most other things he usually does, but I can not say. If you ask him, he'll say he'll have to kill you if he tells you. This is not far from true. :)
haha hi alli! I loved your post because it reminded me tha ti need to comment more. I love getting comments on my blog to, and you're always so good at that. Thanks friend!
So that's funny that you love playlists... I hate them (well, hate is kind of strong, is there an in between word to use? I'm drawing a blank) because there I'll be quietly in my own little bubble and I'll click on a link and the page loads... and then a few seconds later music starts blaring. This is especially bad if you're somewhere public with your laptop, like a library. :)
My blog confession:
I used to be very diligent at checking blogs and always was sure to leave a comment.....until the weather got nice. Yes, I seem to have traded my blog-addiction for sun-addiction.
:)
By the way, I love your new blog design.
Very nice.
ha ha ha. I tried to change my music. But i couldn't figure it out! I will try though...
Alli - Hi! This is Angie "Hall" Vach from the BC. It's been quite the while but I came across your blog on a friend of mines. It's so great to hear you guys are doing so well. Keep in touch!
Don't we all have our funny quirks! Yours are not sooo bad- they could be much worse! Good luck with everything!
I guess I have to leave a comment now that I know you know I've visited. :) Sorry my playlist is so short. Maybe I'll update it sometime.... Now get back to work!
you're like, a professional blogger and stuff or something.
hilarious about the stalking playlists! I love it, alli!
Post a Comment