Monday, July 14, 2008

Homework Widow

I was excited to add some great new photos or a fun story to our blog to give a small taste of our week, but in reality, it would have been a pretty empty post! Now before you think that we have turned boring, understand the circumstances behind our week. Last Monday, Kyle began his 1 month intensive accounting course (noted to be one of the hardest in the entire program). Since we have grown accustomed to spending evenings together and playing hard on the weekends, this was a big change for us! I found myself alone (or trying to be out of the way) most of the week while Kyle furiously studied. This weekend, Kyle opted to study all of Friday night while I went to our ward camp out alone (and left at dark... didn't exactly want to have a tent to myself!) and Saturday, after cleaning the church that morning and enjoying a nice lunch, he was off to study and I did not get him back until 9:30 that night! Sheesh! I forget how much I like summers! In the good news this week, with all of my newfound time I was able to finish up my proposal draft and turn in a whole rewrite (thanks to my professor's requests). I have been struggling with my motivation the last few weeks (birthdays and Independence Day) and so it was really nice to get this polished off this week. Now I wait to see what my professor says... In the meantime, it is nice to know that Kyle's class is only a month (though in some ways that is worse for him because they cram so much in!) and I have already written down my list of projects to tackle while he is busily studying. Keep your fingers and toes crossed this month for Kyle's class and my thesis!

3 comments:

Emily said...

It is hard when your husband is gone away. I haven't been able to find a job while here in Florida, so every day for 8 1/2 hours I am home alone...and the stinky thing is I live on an island where we are the only members of the church, and we live by a million old people who don't want to talk!!! ha ha. But I guess I can consider this a vacation?!?!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Hey Alli,

Wasn't sure how else to get a hold of you:) I have a mission companion moving to Logan, and wondered if you could do me a HUGE favor and maybe show her around, or maybe just be a person of contact. I know you are really busy, but if you think you have time shoot me an email and I will give you her details. My email is mjhuckaby@gmail.com

Hope all is going well. Sure enjoy reading your blog!

Abby said...

Alli,
I feel your pain. I'm a homework widow myself. Call me so we can keep each other company!!
Oh, and we absolutely have room for visitors. You're welcome to make your reservation at the DaBell Inn anytime! :)