Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

My birthday was on Saturday, June 28th and I finally got around to downloading my pictures so that I could document this amazing passing of a quarter of a century!!

I must be one spoiled lady because Kyle has been celebrating me all month long! I love birthday months! We went to lunch at Tucano's last weekend while in SLC to celebrate and then this weekend, we kicked things off in style. Kellie and I ran errands and went shopping (including an amazing free lunch of Cafe Rio and Costa Vida... Kellie has the best coupons!)for most of the day... the BEST! On Birthday Eve, we went to the infamous Logan Frisbee Golf Course (aka: dorms) and brought along some of our favorite people ever... (Kellie and her amazing roommates who are also like family now.. April, Kristen, Mickie, and Melanie..)I learned yet again that frisbee and I do not get along very well. On my first tee off (after we had checked out professional discs from the dorm desk guy) I threw my frisbee in to the far right of the basket, and right into the oncoming traffic (read: only car on the road... a poor elderly couple who shot me dirty looks!)That most certainly takes talent right? In the end, I actually made one of the holes in only four throws, so maybe I should keep practicing! We went back to the girl's apartment (Love friends with AC!) and soaked our feet for homemade pedicures (Even Kyle begrudgingly participated... and commented on how good his feet felt afterward!). No pictures to prove this, but I bet I could get some off of Kellie's camera!


On my birthday, I woke up to delicious Chocolate Malt'o'Meal and a cinnamon raisin bagel (my favorite!) in bed! We went out to a great Mexican Restaurant for lunch and then met up with friends for a trip tubing down the canal (Logan's finest pleasures!). We crammed so many people in cars that the results were pretty comical... my efforts at "going green!"


We played games that evening and I enjoyed opening some great presents all day long (cute new clothes, a pedometer to track my steps, car mats to protect my interior, a new bra (I was stoked!), Birthday money, a cute apron, garden tools, a summer kit including dollar store fun.. (popsicle molds, fireworks, chalk,)a baseball mitt and ball (so I can practice my throw!)... it was wonderful! I felt so loved and had an absolutely wonderful day! Thank you to my wonderful husband, family, and friends for calling, texting, emailing, and playing with us all day to celebrate! Bring on the new year!

9 comments:

Kellie and Spencer said...

Love it!! I will have to get you the pictures of Kyle's pedicure. They are funny!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had fun day!

Kristen Mortensen said...

Love your post! You win for the best posting, maybe I should keep practicing. You can practice frisbee and I will practice blogging.

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

Happy Birthday from all of us!

The Larchars said...

WoW! It really does sound like you had the best birthday ever! I am so glad, cuz you deserve it!

By the way, I hope you don't mind that I tagged you. 3 Joys, 3 fears, 3 current habits or something (check my blog for the real title), and 3 surprising things about you! :-) I can't wait to read them!

Jerolyn & Bruce said...

you guys are real party animals!!!! I got to say........I would be to if I was there around you! I would love to the see the pictures of Kyle's pedicure Kellie!!! you need to post them!!! lol you guys are great!!
love you, mom

Us Bailey's said...

Happy Belated birthday. Sounds like you were pampered like you should have been! Keep having a fun summer -- see you hopefully in July!

A. said...

Leave it to you to celebrate all month long! I would have loved to be there.

Devony said...

I am a bad bad friend. I didn't even call you! Please forgive me Alli dear! I'm glad you had such a Happy Birthday!