I know I know, it has been too long since my last post. We have been super busy! I have still been a homework widow for most of the time which is sad, but luckily, I have been filling in for a secretary at LDSFS who is on vacation for 10 days and as a result, I get to work full time and make a nice paycheck! It has been a huge blessing for us and I have enjoyed feeling like I am contributing to our checking account instead of continuously draining it. It is so interesting to me... I worked for so long doing so many jobs and having a constant source of income. I think that one of the most difficult things for me in this thesis process (besides the fact that I hate it!) is that I am stuck writing it and therefore bringing in only a tiny meager income. I hate feeling like a financial drain and not being able to help add to our financial stability. I hate seeing Kyle worry about bills and money and not being able to do much to change it (therefore adding to the guilt I feel about taking so stinking long to get this thesis finished!). I wonder how I will handle it being a full time mommy some day and not working at all... I am sure it will be a little different because with a little luck, Kyle will be working in a full time job and we won't be students anymore, so perhaps we will not feel the strain quite as much (but I believe that no matter how much money you make, you could always feel like you wanted/needed more!). Interesting thoughts on the matter, but it really has been nice recently to know that I am working full time and that I can take his mind off of those stresses a little bit.
We were able to spend quite a bit of time together on Wednesday evening and yesterday for Pioneer day. Kyle took a test on Wednesday and so he had no homework that night and school and work were off for both of us on Thursday due to the wonderful Pioneer day holiday. We went and saw Indiana Jones (at the dollar movies) and loved the action and seeing Indy at it again, but laughed at the plot! Thursday we spent sleeping in, deep cleaning at home, running errands, and we were able to watch some fireworks last night (though it still makes me grateful for the awesome show that IF puts on!). This weekend, we are back to homework mode, but I am glad to have my parents stopping through town on their way back from SLC. It will be fun to see them a bit since Kyle will likely be studying. I also went to the wedding of my former roommate Ashley Stoddard last weekend while Kyle was studying (thanks to Jason and Rachel and Angie and the Wilding clan for making rides possible!!). I will post some pictures from that as soon as I get them off my camera! For now, happy weekend everyone!
1 comment:
Good luck! And Alli, it all seems to work out in the end. Just keep working hard at it! (But I know just what you mean). And it was a blast seeing you last weekend -- we need to get together more when we move back to Idaho
Post a Comment